Chapter 62

62

Ace's POV:

I see her.

Among the hundreds of people inside the theater, she stood out the most.

Her golden curly hair was covering her face making her look like a goddess.  I could only see the divine beauty of her shape but that was enough for me.

I knew it was her.

"Is that Anitra with Catherine?" Chelsey asked me.

I don't know what she thinks. If she was waiting for a response but she wasn't going to get one.

"They are dating now?" She continues and sip on her drink. "They fit each other perfectly."

I resist myself from acting like I wanted to. To stop myself.

After six months, I was finally able to see her.

Six months of not touching her. I felt like I was back to that stage I was when she disappeared five years ago.

But this time I knew that she didn't promise to come back. She told me "goodbye".

What a fucking ugly love we had.

"Are you even listening to me?" Chelsey whispered immediately the light goes off and the dim light shine from the projector.

"I'm not deaf, Chelsey."

"Well you looked like you are just now. I guess seeing the bitch did something to your sanity."

Oh mother.

See what you've caused.

I can't even react the way I want.

******

Catherine's POV:

Anitra held my hand in his as we walked out of the cinema house.

"I had fun tonight," i whispered and looked up at him. "Thank you, Anitra."

He smiled at me and winked.

"You're welcome."

He led me towards his car and just then another car pulled up beside us.

The car window was rolled down and I squint my eyes to see who was inside the car when I see him.

The one that has been occupying my thoughts.

He is here.

In Cambridge.

In front of me with his new lover. No..... His fiance.

His future wife.

"What a coincidence, Anitra. Who would have believe that we will run into each other right here?" Chelsey asked Anitra, her sapphire eyes shining brightly through the darkness of the car.

I wasn't interested in what she had to say. I wasn't interested in her conversation with Anitra.

I was only interested at the guy beside her. The guy that owns all of me.

The one that I left my heart with.

The one in front of me but still make me feel invisible.

"I am surprised too." Anitra responded before unlocking the car for me. I made to get inside the car but her next word stopped me.

"I am glad that you moved on, you both look great together."

Before I could say anything the car speeds off.

What the hell was that?

Did I just heard her right?

She assumed that I have a relationship with Anitra.

What will Ace be thinking too?

Oh my goodness.

This is bad.

Very bad.

Anitra nudged me with his hand and I get inside the car.

I was suddenly exhausted and needed to rest.

My head just couldn't hold it anymore.

When I got to my apartment, I throw my purse on the couch and fall beside it. I rubbed my right hand down my face and shook with perspiration.

I can't have him thinking that way.

I can't have him thinking that I left him for someone he dislikes.

I don't want him to form a crazy narrative in his head.

I just don't.

I grabbed my phone from my purse and clocked on my phone contacts. My finger hovers above his phone number as I inhale rapid breaths.

I shook my head and dropped the phone back on the couch.

He might be with Chelsey. And what will I say when I call him?

What am I going to say?

I have nothing to say to him.

Not anymore.

I removed my shoes and grabbed my phone then started walking upstairs to my room.

I was tired and needed a lot of rest.

When I got to my room I stepped out of my dress and removed my underwear then slipped under the duvet.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

It's going to be okay.

It will be okay.

Will it? Or will it not.

****

I woke up pretty late the next morning.

When I woke up it was 10:35 a.m and I had class by 11. I rushed out of my bed and quickly took my bath and got dressed in a black jeans trouser and a white tank top.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my room.

When I got to the living room and scrunched up my face.

Everywhere was messy.

I left my shoes on my rug, my purse and it's contents on the couch.

I must have been very drunk last night.

I ignored them and walked inside the kitchen. I opened the fridge and brought out the ramen noodles that was still inside the fridge and grabbed a chopstick before closing the fridge and headed for the kitchen table.

I twirled my chopstick around the ramen noodles before bringing it up to my mouth.

I closed my eyes as I chew on it. My mind flashing back to what happened last night.

Such a horribly awkward encounter.

I dropped the chopstick and ramen pack inside the trash can before walking out of the kitchen and straight towards the door.

I opened my door and walked out then closed it behind me, locking up.

I entered the elevator and soon I was already at the parking lot, rushing towards my car.

I checked my wrist watch and it was almost 11:30 a.m.

I swear to God. Cunningham will have my head today.

He doesn't like me anyway. This will give him more reason not to be fond of me.

I parked my car at the empty space that I found and got out of the car. I grabbed my handbag from the passenger seat and locked up before turning around only for my eyes to meet with that of Ace's.

He was also getting out of his car.

I didn't know what to say.

It was like time just freezed.

I couldn't move or utter a word.

My goodness. What kind of power does this man have on me?