Chapter 2 - Ignoring Jamie

"Guess what?", I said in the telephone as I felt arms around my body, a chin on my shoulder. "You want to hang up and do something with Jamie?", J guessed. With my elbow in his sides I pushed him away and gave him an annoyed glance. "I have the perfect idea!", I turned myself on the phone again. "Me too. We should go for a walk and -"

"No Jamie." I heard him sigh behind me, twisted my eyes and mumbled a "Sorry" in the phone. "Cinema? Ice-skating maybe?" "No Jamie! I'm working at the moment, could you please stop bothering me?!", I raised my voice, but threw a quick "Oh god, I'm sorry!" afterwards. Immediately I regretted that I hadn't found the balance between my personal life and my job since I worked again. This time harder than before. Jamie hissed a "Gosh" and left the room. "I call you later again!", I said and hung up. There was the door falling close, so I rushed into the kitchen, where I guessed he would be, and he was. "Don't you think you're a bit overracting?", I asked him with a gentle voice, taking his hand between mine. "Yes, maybe you're right. I mean, I'm just your boyfriend, I shouldn't have the honor to spend time with you", he said in his normal voice, so calmed, that I almost thought it had meant something good. But as the words reached my mind, my mouth fell open. "I'm sorry, I never wanted this", I tried to apologize, but his glance didn't change. "Yeah, but you did it. It's not that I haven't said anything. All these days now I tried to do something with you, to find time for us, you know?"

"I know, I know!" I was so nervous I gesticulated wild with my hands, till suddenly Jamie laid his on mine. "I don't wanted to get so angry", he whispered and placed his lips on my forehead. "But is it too much that I want to spend time with you?" His voice was now so soft that I almost drifted away in my head. "I'm sorry", I whispered and let myself fall against his body and he swung his arms around me. I inhaled his scent and for a moment I felt like I had wings. Unfortunately I couldn't fly. Unexpectedly my phone rang, and I grabbed it as fast as I could to stop the ringtone. "Don't hang up", Jamie stopped me in my move. "Answer it." Some seconds passed I just glanced at him disbelieving, but I did what he wanted me to do. "Just one second", I promised.

As I hung up, I found Jamie lying on the couch, watching the news at the TV. I rose his arm and laid myself under it. "I'm sorry", I said. He hesitated, but finally he ended the silence with a smile. "Stop to apologize. It's okay. I understand that you're happy to have a job again and now you're trying to give all you can to succeed. In another way it's really sexy", he grinned. I cuddled myself tighter on his chest and sighed relieved. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
First job than Jamie? :p
I think he doesn't agree with that.

xskinny