Chapter 10 - Knock. Knock. Knock.

Jamie POV

I returned into the kitchen and shore myself on the counter. "Fuck", I blew through my teeth and took a seat on the table. Even though I had no nerves for annoying letters I opened those Thea had lain there. Most of them were bills and I didn't read them at all. And then there was the one without any address or name on it and I became interested. I threw a quick glance to the clock and realized that I had no time to read any letters if I wanted to pick up Thea. So I  took my leather jacket and rushed into my car.

Several people left the building and I started thinking if Thea had gone with Riley. Maybe she didn't want to see me. My fingers knocked on the wheel. After other 10 minutes I couldn't wait any longer. So I entered the building and searched for her office.

"Excuse me, Sir. May I help you?" A tiny woman asked.

"Ugh.. yeah. I'm searching for Thea Graves office."

"Oh, she hadn't been at work today. Maybe she's ill, but she hasn't called."

My mouth fell open. Was she so disappointed of the thought I was cheating on her that she hadn't been at work?

"All right? Do you know her? I'm worried", the woman asked.

"Me too", I whispered.

"Sorry?" I'm glad she hasn't heard what I said.

"I'm sure she's okay", I reassured her and left the office. I had to look after her.

Knock. Knock. Knock. After I tried it calmly I almost beat the door.

"Thea? Are you in there?" I was standing in front of her flat and waited for her to come out. But it seems like she wasn't there. But where could she be? Riley?

Unfortunately I didn't even know what Riley looked like, never mind her surname.

Slowly I started to think I was responsible for all this. Maybe I hadn't been careful enough with my words and she started to have doubts. But doesn't she know I couldn't ever do something like that to her? I love her like I never loved anyone else. Damn. I let myself fall against the door and started breathing harder.

"What are you doing there?", I heard a familiar voice asking behind me. I turned around to face Jim. "I wanted to look after Thea. And what about you?"

"Me too", he said and knocked on the door.

"She isn't in there. I thought maybe she could be with you?"

He shook his head slowly. "After I called her and nobody accepted I thought she would be with you."

I shook my head nervously. "I'm such an idiot", I said angrily.

Jim searched for the reason in my eyes but finally he frowned.

"What have you done to her?" I could hear the anger in his voice and slowly started feeling even more bad than before.

"I'd like to know that too."

"No!" His voice raised. "You said you're an idiot, you exactly know what you've done." He made a step closer to me and his eyes turned more green.

"I don't know why, but she started to think that I might be in love with another woman and-"

"If Thea thinks so, she's got a reason", he cut my word. His mien became softer and he drove through his tousled hair.

"I swear I do not love another woman than Thea", I said in a calmly voice which surprised us both. "Do you know this girl... Riley?"

"Her collegue? Yeah, she spoke of her. Why? Is she the woman on which you cheated on her?" His voice was so sharp like a knife. He must really love her like I do. And somehow it should disturb me, but in this situation I was glad to have somebody who was so interested in finding her like I was.

"I never cheated on her!", I shouted, but regretted it as fast as the word were spoken.

"Tell me another reason why Thea should be thinking of that, huh? She's not dumb like you might think. And if she says so, I have no other choice than to believe her."

"Thea is a wonderful woman and you're right, she's not dumb but she might have got something wrong what I said."

"I don't believe anything you say."

"Well", I sighed and made some steps forward and back.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Where could Thea be? Seems like Jamie and Jim are fighting a bit.. but who will win this fight? (:

xskinny