Chapter 36 - Like always

"Are you sure?" My voice was shaky, didn't know if I should say anything at all. His hands on my shoulders the next second reassured me. 
"Well, you take me with all the things in my life, right? Even if I'm going to see a therapist."
"Right, even then. That's no end, it's a beginning. The beginning of our future, if you want.." It sounded strange that he had to ask me if I wanted that. Of course I wanted, but the time we were divided changed a lot between us.
"You just want to take part in the play, you don't want to rewrite the story, do you?" This glimpse with those widened eyes looked so cute. I know, I didn't wanted him to tell, but I wanted him to know that I liked this phrase. 
"You were awake all the time?" Even though his voice was more quiet, it was as rough as always and somehow that mixture sounded great. 
"I couldn't resist but to hear to your conversation. I needed to know what you were thinking and talking about me. And in the end I was postitvely surprised." 
"I should've known that you're just to curious. As always", he slightely laughed. 
"I'm sorry", I gnashed, even though I knew he wasn't angry with me. As always. 
"Better that way. I wouldn't have known how to say you that Jim.. you know." He turned away his head like it has been his fault. 
"I've taken a decision", I half-whispered. My hand softly touched his cheek, and slowly he turned his head to me again. "You took so much shit just because of me, and I think maybe it's better when he's gone. At least for a while." He kissed the palm of my hand before he took it in his and squeezed it to show me he understood. He always said I don't need to choose between them, but this time it wasn't just my decision so everything was fine. Jim was  great guy. But he just needed this distance from me and all that reminded him of that chaos here. And I needed it as well to get a clear head again. Maybe if I enter this door, everything will be fine some time. I squeezed his hand back and watched his face from the side. "Thanks that you never did what I said you in the last time. Even though I said I didn't want to see you, you were always by my side. And that's the great thing with you. I can count on you, no matter what."
"I love you", he whispered and made a step forward. "You can do this. And if not, I'm here."
I wasn't afraid anymore. I wasn't afraid to change. I wasn't afraid to walk into this room and talk with a stranger about my problems. Because he was there. As always. 

-
I'm sooooo sorry there weren't any chapters the last days, but my wattpad didn't work! ):
Hope you can forgive me!

xskinny