Chapter 23 - Maybe another day

Jamie POV

It was like nothing had changed. Thea acted like before the men kidnapped her. Cold and distant. I never took my mobile out of my hand, just in case she would report what was going on. But nothing. No message, no call. Sometime, I started to doubt if we were still together. But then a film of thousands of pictures of me and Thea passed my inner eye and I knew we were meant to be together, and she knew it. Once more I dialled her number.

"Hey", her sweet voice penetrated to my ear.

"Are you free tonight? Watching a movie or going to a restaurant maybe?"

I noticed her hesitation and I got my answer.

"Well, maybe another day", I answered for her.

"I'm not feeling to go outside today."

"The last days you never felt like that", I said in a cold voice that frightened me myself. "Normally I would ask you to do something home but I guess, you don't want to."

"Is it J?", I barely heard the other voice through the phone.

"Jamie I'm sorry-", she began, but I cut her word of.

"Thea, what's up? You're so cold to me, either tell me or not, but I can tell you what I'm feeling like: definitely not like your boyfriend."

"I'm at the hospital to look after Jim and in contrary to you I care for him. At least it happened because of you."

"Because of me? I could swear Jim told you that! Can't you start thinking on your own? I never forced you to stay with me, but I was so dumb to believe you did that out of love!" I was completely in rage. Thea would never say that. Of course it wasn't my fault. Wasn't it me, the one who told Jim to stay outside? I shook my head disbelieving.

"Jamie, calm down first! You know exactly about my feelings-"

"To be honest, I really don't know anything. And I'm wondering if you know what you feel at all."

"I know", she said and hung up. Shit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Problems and misunderstandings between Jamie and Thea..

xskinny