Chapter 34 - Those feelings

The rest of the drive was really quiet, until the car stopped and Jamie opened my door to keep me out of there. I felt how hard it was for him to swing his arms around my body, so I opened my eyes and said, "I can walk on my own". He glanced at me with widened eyes.
"You are awake?" I thought it wouldn't be so good if he knew that I listened to their conversation so I improvised.
"I-I just woke up", I stuttered, but he seemed to believe it.
"Shall I, uhm, drive you home?" He scratched his neck nervously.
"Oh, I can take a taxi, but thank you."
Only a few moments later I realized what he indicated, but what should I've done in his flat anyway?
"Yeah, great." I got out of the car and stretched my skirt. I could've gone, but something protested inside of me. Jamie locked up his car and was about to enter his flat as he noticed me standing there.
"Are you all right? I can-", he started, but because I knew what he was going to say I interrupted him.
"No, I'm all right." With that I turned to the street and walked away while I heard his door falling close. I sighed. While I watched out for a cab a uncomfortable thought crossed my mind. My keys. So I turned around and stopped right in front of his door. Some moments I thought about taking my keys another day but I really needed them. So I knocked gently on his door, and even though I knew he entered just a minute ago, I wished he wouldn't open.
"Did you change your mind?", Jamie hung his head outside and rattled with his keys.
"No. I just need them", I pointed at his keys. "Not yours, but mine. They must be here, I'm sure. Sorry if I disturb you-", my voice became shaky and I changed from standing on the one leg to the other.
"Somehow, all our paths cross", he noticed with an amused glance. About this I could have argued, but I let this stand as it was said.
"Can I come in?"
He chuckled, and I really didn't know why, but he opened his door so I wasn't interested in the reason anymore.
"Where did you search already?", I asked, but he seemed like he didn't know what I was talking about.
"I searched already?"
"On the phone you said you couldn't find it." Of course he hasn't looked at all.
"Which doesn't mean I looked for it. And", he made a break and put his hands into his pockets. "I wanted to take the chance to drive you."
With a heavy sigh I turned around to him. "If we met this often, these feelings will never vanish. Jamie.. why are you torturing me like that?"
"So, you still have these feelings?"
My mouth fell open. Great, now he wouldn't certainly give up. What somehow was sweet.
"That was not what I wanted to say."
"But you did", he slightly smiled. "And I feel the same."

Those Tamie feelings ^-^