Chapter 7 - New friends

Already from the opposite sidewalk I could see this stunning woman walking inside the restaurant she invited us. Fortunately it wasn't a exaggerated luxury five-star restaurant, but still a brightly lit and wonderful decorated room. As we entered, a quite bell rang and Lilys glance met mine. If there was a definition for beauty, she would be the perfect one. As a teenager I gave up all my dates just to watch Lilys films and now she was waiting for me and Jamie in a restaurant. As we came closer, she stood up and smiled wonderful. Nervously I stretched out my arm to greet her, but she swung his arms around my back and hugged me lovely. Jamie laughed, and I think it was because of my perplex mien. I hope she hadn't seen it.

"So, you must be Thea, am I right? Jamie spoke of you", she smiled and glanced at Jamie, who blushed instantly.

"Yeah? I hope it were just good things", I laughed, and Lily too.

"I'm really happy to see you finally. I was so excited to meet the mysterious woman that belongs to Jamie."

"M-Mysterious woman?", I stuttered and swallowed hard.

She opened her mouth to say something, but she was interrupted by the waiter who came to take our orders. I really didn't know what to choose, and as he waited for my answer, Lily spoke for me. "She wants the same." I thanked her with a little nod. "So, tell me something about you. How have you met? Oh wait, your not famous or so, are you?"

"No, fortunately not, that's Jamies part", I laughed.

"She interviewed me", Jamie answered the question. It was fantastic to watch how her mien changed within seconds. "You're a reporter? But you aren't going to write senseless stories, are you?!"

"I have to disappoint you", I reassured her. "I'm not a reporter anymore. I was, but this time is over. Now I'm lector in a sweet little office."

"Oh", was all she had to say. "But there was this stupid article, am I right? Was it.. was it you?"

"No!", Jamie said and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"It's complicated..". I glanced at him laterally. "But it wasn't me. Someone found it funny to write my name under it."

"That's rude", she said compassionately.

"Yeah", I sighed and silence ensued.

I can't explain how much I hated me in this moment. I was sitting on a table with Lily Collins and I was too dumb to open my mouth and ask all those question I wanted to ask her for so long. We just sat there and waited for the dinner without saying anything. Definitely not how I imagined this evening would be.

"I really like you", Lily interrupted my thoughts. "Jamie really seems to be happy with you by his side", she smiled.

"I am", Jamie agreed and took my hand under the table.

"So, how long do you know each other?", I wanted to know and glanced first at Jamie than at Lily and again.

"We met some years ago the first time. But we're friends since the film we made some time ago. It will be in the cinemas soon."

"I know, I know. I really want to see it", I lied and the picture of Jamie and Lily came to my mind. As Jamie had recognized it, he squeezed my hand.

"We just watched Love, Rosie". I really wanted to change my minds, because I knew how stupid it was to think that Jamie could do something like that to me.

"Yeah? How was it?" Her eyes shined and she laid her arms onto the table. "I hope you enjoyed it."

"She did. And I'm sure she saw all of your films way too often", Jamie grinned.

Lily mouth fell open. "Really? This is really sweet." She looked so overwhelmed but actually she has to be used to something like that, or am I just unnormal?

"Does this sound creepy?", I laughed. "I'm a really big fan of you, it's true." I felt how my cheeks turned red, but I didn't know why. I just confessed my idol that she was it.

"That times are over. I'm sure we're getting friends", she smiled sweet. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A longer chapter today. And also a bit earlier because I'm going shopping later. ^-^

xskinny