Chapter 17 - Out of the dangerous zone

Thea POV

 His arm around my waist was the best thing to feel after such a horrible experience. I just wanted to swing my arms around his neck and never stop kissing him. But there was a uncomfortable noise that brought me back to reality. Jim was fighting against those men just that we could escape. "Jim", I shouted and immediately tears rushed out of my eyes. I tried to run to him, but Jamies grip around my arm was too strong. And I knew it was just to save me, but Jim had saved me and I know I wanted to save him.

"Run", he shouted back and winced because one of them slapped him really bad.

"I won't let you here alone!" He looked up to us, the blood was running down his face, but his glance didn't meet mine. Jamie nodded and faster than I could look he carried me on his arms out of the dangerous zone.

"Jamie let me go!", I demanded, but he just shook his head. I was too weak to fight against him. More than struggling with my arms and legs wasn't possible.

"I know you don't like him, but I do." With wise chosen and quiet spoken words I tried to stop him. For a moment he paused, and I thought I won, but in the next second he started running again.

"It wasn't my choice, Thea. He wanted me to bring you out of here", he breathed.

"It doesn't matter what he wants. I want to go there upstairs and help him."

He sighed. Some seconds passed he focused the floor until he let me stand on my feet again. Rapidly he took out his mobile and called someone. While he was speaking I know who it was. The police.

"What now? We'll be waiting for the police for Jim to rescue? We could help him Jamie, you don't know what they are able to do with him!"

His glance excatly met mine and I could see the struggle in his eyes. He thought the same. My hand softly touched his. "Let's go up there", I whispered. Whenever I began to move, his grip became so tight it hurt a bit.

"I promised it. And I'm not the one who breaks promises", he whispered back. With my hand in his we walked out of the building, my heart beated so fast, I could just hope that nothing has been done to Jim. Nothing really bad at least. There was already this scar above his eyebrow. The fresh air felt so invigorating. From far I heard the police coming close. Everything will be fine in a few moments.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Will everything be fine now?

xskinny