Chapter 42 - Déjà-vu

The night was comfortable. I wore a light dress, that flew with the wind. Without any conversations, we drove along the road. He did not want to tell me. In the last time, he was full of surprises. If somebody else had done this, I would have gone crazy, but I knew it would be something great. He knew me better than anyone else. There were thousands of lights as we passed the centre. But the drive became longer as expected and as we left the region we usually visited, behind us, I started questioning. Where do we go? What are you up to? How long will it take? He didn't answer. And that was the point I closed my eyes and gave up. Jamie was and still is stubborn. But I couldn't remember this had caused something negative. So I just went for it. The wind became colder every minute and I felt like in a old movie, where the lovers drove along the highways with the wind in their faces. The only difference was that it was night. And exactly that point made it feel so much better. As I opened my eyes once for a glimps of the environment I saw Jamie looking on his phone. I held out my hand for it. "You're driving, let me help you." He shook his head and put it his pocket. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again", was all he said. I didn't take the time to wonder about it and closed my eyes again. I didn't want to take time to wonder about anything, I just wanted to enjoy. Isn't it so? We spend too much time wondering, asking, weighing up things than to enjoy. Just let things happen. Isn't this what life is about? It's not about enjoying the little things, it's about enjoying everything that makes you feel good. And this drive totally made me happy. Until we stopped. In front of us a house that somehow seemed familiar to me. It was too dark to recognize. I took Jamies hand and left the car. Starting to become curious again, I opened my mouth to say something, closed it as I saw Jamies glance. He did not let my hand fall again and we entered the house. I remembered it. This beautiful, little woody restaurant, we visited after the Hanna-thing. I saw the table we sat at then and it was the only one free. Just a sweet red candle decorated it. Jamie greeted the waiter, who led us to exactly this table. As we sat there, I precisely remembered his words. He took my hand like he always did and told me he'd like to get to know me like each other. His voice sounded so fragile this moment. Things had changed since then, but in this situation it felt like nothing ever happened to us. Like we could start again right there. "But you aren't like everyone else", I whispered, living in a daydream. Jamie chuckled. "Bon appetite, Thea", murmured Jamie again and I smelled the fried vegetables. 

So what do you guys think could happen next? :p

xskinny