Chapter 4 - Hard choice

"I'll be back tomorrow", I promised and hung up. Jamie was sitting behind me on the sofa, one leg over the other. "All right. I stay at home today."

"Then I guess you leave as fast as possible, if you'll stay home today."

"Nah, nobody will recognize it."

He smiled slightly and laid his head crooked.

"Okay I can say I was at the doctor", I tried to persuade him.

He started laughing and drove his hand through his hair.

"So I am the doctor?"

"You know exactly what I need to feel good again", I agreed and let myself fall on his legs. His arms swung around my body and together we fell on the sofa behind.

Softly his finger put a strand of my hair behind me ear, before he kissed me intensively. "Today it's just you and me", I whispered. "Finally."

His eyes narrowed with his questioningly glance.

"I'm glad all this is over what has been done to us."

"No, don't start with this whole story again. Let this fall behind us. It's over."

"I know, and I don't wanted to talk about it again. But there will always be something that will be a hurdle for our relationship. And I'm sorry I sank into my job without thinking of you. I know it was really selfish."

"You're not responsible for that. I thought everything will be okay when you've got your job but I forgot you'll need time to get used to your new employment. I pushed you into the close. And for that I have to be sorry, not you."

"But nevertheless-"

"Shh", he whispered and laid his lips on mine again. I think that was the best method to keep me quiet.

"And now, how can I help you, Ms Graves?"

"Uhm, I think I need a unique medicine called Boyfriend. It contains a lot of cuteness and gives me love. And it looks perfect with the smile like you're wearing."

"You try to flirt with your doctor?"

"If it's you, I would always do that."

"Okay, let me search for it", he laughed and moved into the kitchen.

"What? No, don't leave!", I begged without success.

Some seconds later he returned with a big grin on his face.

"What is it?"

Behind his back he held a bar of chocolate.

"I found your boyfriend AND chocolate. Now you can choose which one will be best for your disease."

"Hard choice", I grinned. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jamie as doctor? I'd love to go to the doctor then. :p

xskinny