Chapter 26 - Feels like home

Thea POV

"What is it?", Jamie asked with such a cold voice. He stood there, leaned on the brick wall like many times before. And it scared me how the atmosphere felt like between us. He straightened his shoulders and crossed his arms. I knew he was hurt, but he's a man, of course he didn't want to show it. I made a step forward and he turned away his glance.

"Jamie I'm sorry." Well, this was really the best thing I could say. I took a deep breath and wanted to start again as he interrupted me.

"I know", he sighed. "But I just can't say it's okay because I really don't know what happened there between us." With his finger he first pointed at me, then at him.

"I don't know either, but I want to clarify some things."

"Well, what is it?" His voice turned normal again and immediately it felt easier for me to talk about what happened.

"C-Can I come in?" My voice broke and I became really nervous, but I knew I had to do this, even if I'm going to loose him. He made a step aside for me to walk past him. Somehow his flat felt really strange. I remembered jumping onto the sofa so many times, but in this moment this idea hadn't crossed my mind at all.

"Feel like you're at home", he said and I knew it was intentionally just to make me feel worse than yet.

"Jamie, I do feel like at home."

"Then why haven't you been at home the last days?" What to answer to such a question? 'I thought of us' or better 'I was with Jim'? Before I could choose the best one my mouth opened and I mumbled a "I kissed Jim."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I know, it's a bad cliffhanger, but somehow that's funny ^-^

xskinny