Chapter 30 - Missing

"Jamie?", I asked fastly as I took the call.
"No, it's Jim."
"Ouh." Silence entered and I had to be true to myself: I wished Jamie had called and pleaded for another chat. But it was Jim, the one who took part in the reason why we weren't together anymore.
"I'm allowed to go. My car isn't here so I thought-"
"I'll be there in a second", I interrupted him. After all he did to me - Jamie thinks now I'm crazy because of Jims actions - I'm still not able to break off contact. I mean, of course he's my best friend, but real friends don't do such things.
"Is everything okay?", he hesitated.
"Everything's great." With that I hung up and wanted to grab my car keys, but they weren't on their normal place. I searched through my flat, especially on the table and the sofa, but without success. "Fuck", I blew through my teeth and gave myself a facepalm. What if they were at Jamies? I'm thinking about him like he were a stranger. As I walked out of his door before, I decided not to see him anymore. That would be easier to forget him. If it was possible to forget these piercing blue eyes and those striking cheekbones. I sighed while I made the first exception and dialled Jamies number.
"Thea", he said with his soft voice.
"Do you have my car keys?" My voice was normal, but my choice of words was very unfriendly. "Sorry", I apologized.
"It's nothing. I can't find them anywhere. Are you sure they're here?"
"No, but I really need them", I jostled.
"What's up? You need to get somewhere?" It was clear, for what do I need my car keys otherwise, but I hesitated telling him.
"Yeah." I wished he wouldn't ask where.
"Give me five minutes. I'll drive you."
"Jamie, you-"
"See ya", were the last words I heard before the beep.

As he drove up my flat I could hardly believe it: he just needed five minutes. You could rely on him. Hesitant I opened the door and let myself glide onto the seat.
"I really owe you", I gnashed. He bit his lip while he turned around the wheel to drive onto the street. "Please not. So, where can I take you?"
First I cleared my throat until I answered with dry neck. "Jim. I mean, the hospital."
He swallowed hard but answered calmly. "Sure."
"Jamie, I just want him as a friend." For whatever reason I just wanted him to know that. Even though we kissed, he shouldn't be standing between us.
"In the past so much things happened. My life turned around completely.  I lost people, my job, and saw who really cared for me. And although I know that this all is accurate to Jim, I can't tell him to go. That's crap."
"He was always a great person in your life. It's not that easy to let beloved people go, though they make mistakes."
With his hand he drove through his golden hair and immediately I missed doing this. He turned around and catched my staring glance. "You look beautiful", his voice was slightly rough.
-

Are they getting back together?
We already reached Chapter 30! Thanks to everyone who's reading this! Well, I have to admit, I already thought of a third book of this 'Freak'-series. What do you think? ^-^
xskinny