Epilogue

My dress fell in a big circle around my skinny legs. Those little applications made it look extra elegant. It fitted perfectly. My hands were trembling, even though we still had a lot of time until the ceremony would begin. Since I said good bye to Jamie the last night, I slept no minute, and accordingly to that my face looked like. The whole planning phase was so interesting, but to stand there, just a few hours before the moment which should be the best of my life, was much more exciting than I thought. Saying yes to Jamie, to staying with him forever. This was such a great word before I knew what it meant. Forever is a mission. Nobody said it would be easy, but if you know how to handle it, it can be the greatest feeling. And I wanted to say forever. I felt like I was old enough for this mission. Every step I took, brought me to Jamie, and every step we took, brought us to this. I knew we made everything right. It would be ridiculous, standing at this point in life and regretting something in the past. Because just when a little thing had been different, this could possibly not happen. Even if we had really strange ways to cross, it helped us. In whatever which way, but it does. Despite the nervousness my thoughts were so deep. I hardly recognized how the tall woman behind me started to style my hair. I closed my eyes. What we've been through is nothing compared to what will happen in our future. And I couldn't be more excited. Remembering all the meetings we had felt so real. All the feelings I felt at those moments came up but somehow I managed to keep calm. Nothing could ruin this day. That was what I promised myself, that I would let nothing ruin this day. 

"Ready to get married", the makeup artist behind me smiled. She seemed to be happy with the result, so I threw a glance into the mirror and couldn't believe what I looked like. My mouth fell open, not able to say something. At least I mumbled a "thank you", whereupon the woman nodded and put her products into her case. Now it was time to go. By looking out of the window I could see my limousine waiting for me. Never before I've been so nervous. The ride didn't took as long as I hoped, and as we stopped I could see the people entering the church. Fortunately it was a beautiful day. The sun shone, but it wasn't hot either. Just perfect to marry. My steps were uncertain, the fact that my legs quivered extremely made me anxious to walk in front of all those people. My door opened and the driver held a hand for me, which I grabbed way too hard. I thanked him and he drove away, let me stand alone in this crowd of people, which made me feel so small. But they came for me. And they came for Jamie. And that was a beautiful present. With a last deep breath I reached the church and waited for my father to hook in. The bells rang. The organ started to play. The way was designed with a long red carpet. How weird it must feel to be famous, I thought. I saw him. The man, who would outright be my man. As his eyes met mine, he started smiling and his eyes sparkled wonderful. It felt so long, walking across the church and being stared at by so many people. I didn't even realize that Jim was there too, and as I did it was too late to turn around. We reached our destination and nothing ever felt so right like this. This was meant to be. Suddenly everything was gone. The nervousness, the quivering, the anxiety.

"James Metcalfe Campbell Bower, will you take Thea Graves to be your wife?Will you love her, comfort her, honour andprotect her, and, forsaking all others,be faithful to her as long as you both shalllive?" 
Jamie grinned. I felt how he squeezed my hand before he said "I will." I smiled. So the minister turned to me. 
"Thea Graves, will you take James Metcalfe Campbell Bower to be your husband?Will you love him, comfort him, honour andprotect him, and, forsaking all others,be faithful to him as long as you both shalllive?" In those seconds, my life rushed along my inner eye. I saw him and I saw me, I saw what we've been through, and, of course there had never been another answer.

I said yes.

As you can guess this story is over now. At this point I have to thank all my constant readers! Unfortunately there will be no third book in this series, but it was great fun updating. All in all it was a great time with you guys and I hope you enjoyed the stories like I did. This was a great project and I never thought about getting so many readers. You guys are sooo amazing! Last year about this time I started the first book and now, one year later, the second is over. This year was a blast, thanks to all who went with me! ♥ I hope we get to see us in another story of mine. Hope you'll have a great time. And don't forget to say what you think about the story in the comments ;). Bye! x 

A very grateful xskinny :) ♥

🎉 You've finished reading Freaks like us - Jamie Campbell Bower (Fan-Fiction) - Sequel to Freak like me 🎉