Chapter 32 - Zombie

"Thea", Jim sighed reliefed and pulled me into a hug. "I thought you wouldn't come at all", he smiled. In other circumstances I would have replied to it, but in fact, Jamie went off from me, and it doesn't sound like he would stand in front of my door tomorrow.

"Why do you think that? Have I ever let you down?" The smile vanished and his glance turned to the ground.

"No. I was the one letting you down. You see, there would be a reason."

I took his wrist and turned to the door. "Shut up", I hissed and pulled him to the entrance. With a power I couldn't overcome he stopped and forced me to look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" His voice had a strenght I never heard before. Jim had changed. In fact, we all had changed, after.. what happened. I tried to remember that it was his fault, that this all was his plan, but then there are these memories when we met in the hallway because we lived in the same house and how we played together until late in the evenings. Jim was a person I couldn't live without. And that was my weakness: I couldn't take him amiss. Suddenly I remebered Jamies words. He said, with Jim, I would be safe. But was I really that safe, when he forced people to threaten me? My heard made a step and I felt like there was no safe place for me anymore. "Jamie", I whispered.

"What did he do to you?", Jim asked tempestuous. If this was his definiton of love, I was not sure I wanted to experience it. Actually I would find it sweet if he wants to protect me, but not with his tone in his voice, that sound like he was going to murder someone.

"Calm down. It's nothing. Just.. too less sleep. Let's go." I tried again to leave the hospital but again the stopped me and pulled me so hard that I bumped onto his chest. I could feel his heavy breathing against my forehead.

"Jim", I said with a now rough voice. "Please let us go. Jamies waiting.." I could literally see how he gave himself a facepalm. But he hid his mien perfectly.

"Great. Did I call Jamie?"

I slapped him onto his upper arm. "Behave yourself! I haven't got my keys and he offered me to drive."

"Well. I think, we shouldn't let him wait, right?"

I knew what he wanted to indicate, but I ignored it. "Right", I blew through my teeth and turned around.

"Thea", he brought me to stop again. "I love you." I couldn't hear it anymore. I turned back fastly while I could feel the redness in my face.

"Yeah? Is it that why you told Jamie his life was too dangerous for me? Is it that why you want to divide me and Jamie? If you would love me, you would accept it!"

The colour in his face vanished and he was all white. Like a zombie. "Thea, I-", he began, but broke off. It took some moment until he caught himself again. "Am I not right? What has happened since you know Jamie?"

"And who did this to us?", I hissed.

"Please, that time is over, I thought you already forgave me. Yeah, I dream of being by your side like Jamie, and I am jealous, is that what you want to hear? As a teenager I thought it were just those dumb feelings teenagers have. But as I grew older, there was no place for other woman in my heart. It was just to get you out of my mind. Loving you destroys me", the last words were just a whisper. For the first time I had the feeling he said the truth. A tear rolled down his cheek until it fell onto the grey hospital floor.

I'm sorry myself for torturing Thea like that.. what am I doing? :D