Chapter 29 - Come in!

Thea POV

After this hard night I was glad waking up this early, but for my suprise Jamie was no more with me. Either he had decided to sleep in his large bed, which was really the better opportunity, or he woke up earlier than me. Which would be really unnormal. But why would he leave me? His arm around me seemed to keep away the demons. With a sigh I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Maybe I should go. If he don't wants me here, we shouldn't sleep in the same house. So I turned to the door and was about to go as I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Where are you going?"
"Home."
I felt his hand become heavier on my shoulder. We both had to get used to this situation. To our binding. Which was not longer what I wanted it to be. If I hadn't told him I kissed Jim..
"Stay", he whispered and took me out of my thoughts. It was strange to hear just a pleading word out of his mouth. Maybe there was nothing to talk about anymore.
"You left me this night?" When I had to go, I wanted answers. I already felt my body wanting to touch his.
"I didn't get any sleep. I was afraid." He was afraid? Jamie was the one to save me all the time and now I saw his other side of feelings. His fears. Me.
"Afraid of what?"
"You. I'll never forget your face when you woke up from this nightmare. This scared the shit out of me." His mien became really thoughtful. "And I was afraid of us." Us? He was still thinking about us?
"I thought there's no 'us' anymore", I chimed in. His hand fell off my shoulder.
"Yeah, seems so. But I really wish it was still existing", he sighed.
"Jamie, I don't understand you. Yesterday you told me I was crazy, you broke up with me, not the other way around. And now you want that back? Really, make a decision." My words sounded harder as intended.
"Will you go to a therapist?", was all he said. I shook my head in disbelief.
"It's about us now!" I heard enough about doctors and therapists - I wasn't crazy!
"Thea, I can't sleep next to you in the know what's going on inside you. Yesterday I witnessed how you laid there and just slapped me like I was a murderer. I'm not willing to see that again."
The light in his eyes had vanished.
"Great. But I don't need a therapist."
I just need your arm around me.
"Please close the door, it's getting cold in here", he pleaded.
"Sure", I said, left his flat and shut the door close behind me. Shortly before I heard a upset "Come in!"
-

Oh it breaks my heart to write chapters like that. ):

xskinny