Chapter 41 - Common path

"If you think so, then I'm happy for you, and I hope you can start again", Jamie said understanding. He sat opposite of me, hands folded on his thighs. I told him about Jim and his way to say goodbye. And how I thought about it. I knew he wanted to say something reassuring, but he recognized that I didn't need those kinds of words anymore. I wanted that he could comprehend my feelings. 
"And I hope you know that I want to start again with you. And only with you..", I ended whispering. His mouth angles trembled and I couldn't say what that meant. 
"Jamie, I'm serious", I strengthen my statement. Rapidly I laid my hand on his. Softly he laid his second hand on mine and stroked it with his thumb. 
"Me too", he reassured me. "I'm just surprised and cheerfully about your reaction. You know, when we got to know each other, you were more like this fragile girl that needed someone to survive. But now, your just such a native woman, and I really like that", he smiled. "I'm proud of you, and I want you to know that." 
"But I still need you to survive", I breathed. 
"You survived the days we were divided, I'm sure you would handle it. But, to be honest, I don't want to try it."
"No", I laughed. "I don't want to experience days without you by my side. Let's just go past all the hurdles that will show up in our way", I continued.  
"Why hadn't this idea crossed my mind yet", Jamie laughed and squeezed my hand. Then he looked me in the eyes and everything around seemed to vanish. His piercing blue eyes seemed to light up the whole environment. It felt like heaven. "I'm so in love with you, Thea Graves", he said, and everything acted as a movie, I couldn't distinguish wheter it was real or just a dream. "I love you, James Metcalfe Campbell Bower." I didn't know how often we said that; that we wanted to start again, that everything would be great in our future, that our love was so special. But this time I realized, that I decided to share my whole life with one special, selected person. And my great luck was that he also selected me. 
"Put on your shoes, I want you to come with me", he said and stood up.
"Where do we go? You don't want to visit a playground again, do you?"
He smiled. "No, just trust me." I took his hand to stand up as well. "I do trust you, but you know I'm curious." 
"Exactly. And because of that I won't tell you anything. Suprise surprise." Grinning like a fool was one of his properties. And he used it not rarely. 
"Great", I accepted and took my boots. 

I was planning on how the story is going to end and so I needed some days, sorry that it took so long for this one. The next chapters will be very special. :')

xskinny