Chapter 8 - Doubt about doubt

"I'm really grateful for this really nice evening. I hope we'll see again soon", I said to Lily, whereupon she laid her arms around my waist and hugged me lovely.

"I hope so too", she smiled, and turned her glance to Jamie. "Take care of her. And don't let her go", he laughed and hugged him too.

I think he didn't want me to hear it, but he whispered a "I won't" whilst they were hugging. We walked over to his car and he held my door open.

"Although we had a really nice day today, I need to go home", I noted while he was driving. He looked partly disappointed, partly confused.

"Why? You know that there's nothing between me and Lily, don't you?"

Now he seemed really stressed.

"I know, I know. But I'll drive with Riley tomorrow."

"Riley? Who's Riley?" Either I was just tired or I heard a little bit jealousy out of his words.

"One of my collegues. We decided to drive together, she lives just two streets away."

"Oh", was all he said and turned left into my street. "What a pity."

He laid his head on his shoulder and made this puppy-face I couldn't resist normally.

"Not this time. You need to finde another one."

"I'm sure it'll still work", he grinned and held on. I bent over to kiss him and he laid his hand on my thigh.

"I know, you already said, but I will that you know that there had never been and will never be something with Lily, ok?"

I tried to smile, but I couldn't. I know. I know that Jamie loves me and not Lily. But my head won't stop to be skeptical. I'd really like to punch me for that. Jamie doesn't deserve something like that.

"Yeah", was all I said, trying not to show my doubts.

"Are you sure? I don't know what I've done that you have doubts in me, but I'm sorry for that, whatever it is. And I thought I would do you a favour to organize a day with Lily, and I had the feeling that you enjoyed it. I just can hope that you will see that I don't love anyone but you. I love you, Thea." His hand stroke my cheek and he put a strand of hair behind my ear. A bad feeling spread in my stomach and I was near to cry. He knew that I had doubts, but we both knew that they were groundlessly. I wanted to say him how much I loved him and how much I was sorry for my doubts but the words didn't want to come out of my mouth, so I just gave him a peck on his lips and left the car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Could he really... ? :D
Want to thank you for all the reads up here. Really nice! :)

xskinny