Chapter 3 - Will you do the same?

I let the key fall in my pocket and closed the door.

"You've got letters..", I said and counted the papers in my hand. "Many letters."

"Yeah, lay them onto the table. I'll read them later."

"Oh no", I realized, and placed my hand on my forehead. "I forgot you have a meeting with your band today."

He turned himself around to face me. "I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to." He buttoned the last buttons of his shirt and threw a cardigan over his shoulders. "I hope", he began and walked through the half apartment to pick his coat. "You are here when I come home."

"Of course I will."

"No, I'm serious. It's your time, you don't have to work this late." I turned my glance to the ground and drew with my foot circles onto it, as I felt his hand on my chin. Before I could say something, he kissed me soft but short, and as he walked away to grab his boots, I nearly fell over. Fortunately the counter was there to hold me.

"Hey", he half-whispered with his soft voice. "I'm doing my best to be here as early as possbile." I smiled and nodded slightly. It was my fault. The last days I hadn't had time for him, now it has changed and he had to work again. Dumb Thea.

"Should I come and pick you up after work?", he asked.

"Yeah, would be nice. At six?" He opened his mouth in acted surprise. "This early?"

I sighed and turned around. "Oh no, stop it. I know it was exaggerated."

And then he laughed with a laughter I never heard before. But it sounded so warm-hearted that I felt goosebumps on my body. Slowly he came towards me and laid his hands on my hips, his mouth decorated with a smile that was given to him  for melting me. And it worked. With sliding steps he closed the gap between us. Smooth he laid his lips on mine, but they weren't moving for a while. His eyes were just closed and he smiled with that stunning cheekbones. My heart pounded like we had our first kiss. And it felt kinda so, as his hands wandered up to my neck while his lips were kissing mine. I realized I was standing on my tiptoe and at some point they just quivered so hard, that I fell right into Jamie and ruined the kiss. I clinged myself on his shirt and pressed my body so tight on his because of my panic.

"I'm sorry", I blew through my teeth, still afraid to open my eyes. His hand stroke over my head as he laughed. "All right." I sighed and cuddled myself on his chest.

"But you know, I have to go. And I think I'm right that you have to go as well."

"No", I protested into the fabric of his shirt. "Don't leave me now. I'm in panic."

"Oh yeah I see. Maybe you should call your boss and-"

"Will you do the same?"

He kissed me on the highest point of my head. "Of course."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Don't tell the boss.. :D

xskinny