Chapter 15 - Crazy Game

Jamie POV

I climbed upstairs and ran faster and faster. Somewhere in there they must have been. My heartbeat was so heavy, I felt every single bump against my thorax. I gasped and tried to catch some air even though my throat was dry as a desert. I swallowed and started coughing. With my hand I shored myself against a pillar in the empty hall. Screams and voices took upper hand in my head and I turned around fastly to catch them, but there was just nothing. After I shook my head some times I saw black spots all over my field of vision. I closed my eyes and inhaled deep and exhaled regularly. All I wanted was to find Thea, but haste was the wrong way. Then I heard how a door was being closed and I became keen of hearing. I was so near, there weren't much opportunities but going anywhere. They couldn't be far away. My legs quivered so hard but I had no time to rest just a minute longer. I already wasted too much time. With steps as quiet as a cat I drew closer to a door that looked very heavy. First I wanted to knock, but then I reminded myself who could be in there and so I just pulled it open as fast as I could. And I saw nothing. I threw my head behind and drove my hands through my hair. That crazy game drove me insane. I straightened my shoulders and watched out for another door to open or another ladder to climb. I knew it would be more dangerous if they were at the third floor, but I had no chance but to climb up the ladder on the wall. I just let my head look over the floor so that if they was anything, I could escape fast enough. First I couldn't see someone, but then the door across from me opened and a black clothed man came out, whipped out his mobile and dialled a number. It seemed like nobody answered the call and he began to curse. I don't know what drove me to such an action, but I jumped out of my hiding place and drew his attention on me.

His eyes became big, but he ended up smiling like he was expecting me.

"You finally. A bit late for a saving, what do you think?"

"Absolutely the right time. I've got the money and I want Thea. Now." My voice was dark and more rough as usual. This shit made me to a completely messy person and I hated the thought of being delivered right to the enemy. But Thea must be feeling worse than me, and therefore I am here, I thought.

"Well, it isn't that easy, you know?"

"It is!", I cut his word and made a step closer to him.

"I thought you as an actor should know how such things run. If we would deal like that, you could go to the police and that's really not what we want to."

"I won't go to the police, I just want Thea!" This man totally drove me crazy. With his lasting provocative smiling and this shimmering in his eyes like he had already won this fight. I wouldn't give up. No matter what it would cost. 

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jamie in danger? :o

xskinny