Chapter 28 - Stay

It were those men again, grinning sneaky at me. Not again. Not again, was all I could think of before I started running somewhere. The streets were dark and surprisingly empty for a saturday night in London. I saw a little light in a small bookshop down the street and saw no other opportunity than to visit them. In there, they couldn't do anything to me. I ran as fast as I could and just heard their heavy footsteps behind me. Faster, faster, I noted to myself. Exactly as I reached the door to push it open, a tall man closed it in front of me. "Help me!", I shrieked, but his impressions didn't change. With my fists I beat the door till the man turned around and was about to go. His blonde, long hair. Those piercing blue eyes. "Jamie!", I shouted as I recognized him. He gave me a confused glance before he finally disappeared in another room where I couldn't see him. My screams turned into sobs and I let myself glide onto the ground. The men stood there in front of me and I just couldn't move.

"Thea!", I heard loud screams, but my sight was just black. "Thea, wake up!"
Like somebody pushed a button, my eyes swung open, to see Jamie right in front of me. No, he was sitting right on me. My hands pinched into the fabric of his shirt I realized I must have beat him instead of the door. His strong arms held me down by pushing my shoulders.
"Jamie", I whispered and touched his face to see if he was real. My finger drove down his cheekbone down to his lips. "You're here", I finally realized. "Don't ever abandon me again." He seemed to be really upset. "I would never do that." He didn't whisper. "And I thought you know." My hand drove down his neck, over his shoulder and finally stroke his arm. "I know. But you closed the door right in front of me while those men were behind me." He let go of me and sat himself onto the sofa. "Those men again?", he frowned. Now also I sat myself up and glanced into his beautiful eyes through the dark. "It was just a dream, right?" Somehow I doubted it.
"You're safe", he said. "I'm right here."
I tried to smile. I didn't even know if he could see it anyway. "It's late. Try to sleep again." Now he was the one whispering. I laid myself down and took the blanket. "W-Won't you stay?" I was afraid of gliding into that nightmare alone again. "Sure", he said so quiet I could hardly hear. I felt how he laid his arm around my waist, and his breath in my neck. 

-
They're still cute together. :3

xskinny