Chapter 6 - Jamily

"Can I help you?" Jamie asked as he came into his bedroom, but his words became more quiet at the end. It was nearly only a whisper.

"You're looking gorgeous." He looked astonished. I just gave him a smile and came up to him. Without words I buttoned the penultimate button of his shirt and rested with my hands on his chest. He looked so handsome in this white shirt that fitted perfectly. And those awesome shoes - a dream. My glance stayed on his shoes, but as I felt his arms around my waist, I looked into his eyes. "I love your shoes", I whispered, whereupon he widened his eyes. "I love you too", he joked and kissed me on my forehead. I wore a green dress with middle length and a loop on the back. It was the only dress I thought would be fitting for the restaurant. "It's really nice of her to invite us in such a great restaurant", I noted. He nodded and took my hand.   "I guess you're ready?"

"I could never be ready enough to have dinner with Lily Collins."

The movies wasn't so crowded anymore because the film was out now for one week but I hadn't found the time to watch it. So we took the best seats and waited for the film to start.

"Just a few months and there will be me on the screen", Jamie grinned through the dimmed light. First I smiled back, but then an idea crossed my mind, that changed my opinion of it. "In this film... is there this scene between Jace and Clary? I mean, did you kiss her?", I stuttered, anxious of his response.

"Yeah", was all he said, until he looked into my eyes and saw the doubt. "But it hadn't meant anything, if you think so. And just for the record, this scene was made before we were dating."

"I-I know." I didn't know why, but this fact made me extremely nervous at this moment. I know, he loves me, and even if he had ever loved Lily, it was over now. And the film is made and now he is with me. But does this mean, that there can never be anything? I never had any doubt in Jamie and his love for me. And I know theres no reason to have some. But because of some strange reasons there were some, I felt really bad for.

"Are you angry with me?"

"No, no. It's just..", I tried to explain. "Nothing. Just my thoughts that won't stop to do annoying things", I smiled, and he seemed relieved. The lights were switched off and I tried to forget about my thoughts and just enjoy the movie. 

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jamie and Lily instead of Thea?

xskinny