Chapter 27 - Breaking up

Thea POV

He said nothing. His head still turned to the ground he just let us remain in silence. Painful silence, which made me totally nervous and somehow my eyes filled with water. I had totally no experience with such weird situations and it was kinda hard to handle this. Relief shot through my body as I heard his voice again.

"Thank you." First I was completely messed up. "You didn't have tell me that, but you did. Thank you." And than I realized it: we weren't together anymore. Not in his opinion. And unfortunately it was a decision of two people. A sob resounded from my mouth and I wondered why I was the one crying.

"Why are you crying?" His soft voice sounded so caring and I hated me for ruining what we had.

"I-I..", I started, but I gasped for air under all the sobs. Suddenly I felt his arms so tight around me, which made it even worse.

"I never wanted it to end that way", I cried into his shirt. I wondered if he even understood me because it sounded so muted. "I never wanted it to end anyway." My voice rose and I lost the control. I wanted to stop crying. I just wanted to lay down the floor and sleep for hours until my face looks normal again, not as puffy as now. And as I open my eyes I wanted everything to be okay. But this was reality and no nightmare. With my hands I covered my ears and stumbled back.

"I can't do this." I thought myself I was going insane. What the hell must Jamie been thinking of me. I collapsed on the sofa as I heard a "Shh", that reassured me.

"The last thing I want is to loose you. But you're just not you anymore in the last time, Thea. Maybe all those things were just too much for you." His voice sounded like a lullaby and the sobs disappeared into the fabric of the sofa.

"I'm not crazy", I noted and sat myself up.

"Not what I said. Maybe you'll need time to process things."

"You want me to go to a doctor, don't you? Jamie, I'm not crazy!" His fingers twirled a strand of my dark hair.

"And I know that. I just want you to be perfectly fine." Now his hand drove down to my neck and pulled me closer for him to kiss my forehead. "I'll come with you if you want so. I love you, Thea."

"So why are we breaking up?"

"Just sleep for now and take your beauty sleep", he half-whispered and pulled a blanket over me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

No wonder that this all was way too much. And finally that was the reason for them to break up. ):

xskinny