Chapter 18 - Black.

Thea POV

With their guns in their hands the policemen entered the building and I prayed so hard that they would bring back Jim. I know it was unfair for Jamie, because he also rescued me and at this moment I just had eyes for Jim, but Jamie was in safety, Jim not. With my back I leaned on his chest, his arms around my waist, whilst I played with his fingers between mine because of my nervousness. Suddenly I felt his lips on my ear. "I love you." Even though I could have cried, I smiled.

"What have they done to you?", he asked and turned me around in his arms.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." It felt like hell sitting in there. But Jamie looked so tired after this and I didn't want him to panic or to worry about me.

"When they come out of here..", he gnashed but kept quiet as I put a strand of hair away from his forehead.

"Calm down. We're here. Save. They'll get their punishment." I gave him a light kiss on his lips. I never thought after such a situation I would be the tenacious one. The rings under his eyes were blue from the last days without that much sleep. And I thought he could be in love with someone else. I'm such a fool.

"Jamie", I whispered and sank my glance. "I'm so sorry I thought of you so bad. You had so many bad days just because of my stupidity. You're here, holding me in your arms to tight, and I thought you could be in love with someone else. I can comprehend if you want to hate me now, because I do the same." His slender fingers drove around my neck and as I looked up he laid his lips on mine. It felt so great to have him by my side again. "I could never hate you", he whispered into the kiss. I forgot about the environment completely as a policemen started shouting.

"Here they are!" They stood in the entrance, the two young men in handcuffs on their backs. That was just what they deserved. A loud noise from the other side made me feel uncomfortable. An ambulance. They were so fast and stopped roughly. Behind the bad guys in the entrance, I could see two men holding Jim under the arms. They dragged him out of the building right into the ambulance.

"Jim!", I shrieked and ran towards them. "Jim", I shouted again as I saw him laying there, the blood all over his body. I fell on my knees was struggling for air.

The doors closed and I just remembered arms around my waist before I saw just black.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Poor Jim..

xskinny