Chapter 31 - Gone

"You don't have to come with in", I wanted to make sure.
"If you want to be alone with him you just have to say it", he replied and earned a confused glance from me. Well, he doesn't believe anything. But I couldn't take him amiss.
"You don't have any trust in me, do you?" Well, I wouldn't trust me too if I were him. I've ruined anything. But our story started so great. I was the one lonely. He was the one caring. Together we made everything that stood in our way. Now we stood there, face to face, and there's nothing to talk about anymore. There's no more a 'we', there's just him and me. Tamie is gone.
"I'm hurt", Jamie said. "You know, the shimmer in your eyes is just no more the same as when we walked in the moonlight and you glanced at me with this glance that made me falling in love with you. Your eyes reflect the moment you laid in Hannas flat after she threatened you." I was perplex. This do I look like? To be honest, the last time was really rough, but I forgot about these happenings already. But he remembered this as if it were yesterday.
"I'm still sorry I didn't believe you. If I had, she hadn't done this to you. Call me crazy, but I see it as my fault."
"Jamie thats-", I started, but he interrupted me.
"Don't try to retune me. If I hadn't walked in your life, everything would be okay. Jim was absolutely right, my life is too dangerous for you." Slowly everything seems to make sense. Jim managed to have influence on Jamie when he was on his worst.
"That's not true, and you know that." Although I believed this could be true, I wanted him not to. He always wanted the best for me.
"It's hard for me to have you in my presence, on the other side I can't without you. I'm not willing to get you in trouble once more. Jim, for example, is a good one, and I'm glad you have someone like him by your side. With him you're safe." It was a wonder I hadn't started to cry. Deep in my body I just wanted to scream and run away. Why did he say that? Doesn't he know how much that hurts me? He wanted me to go with Jim instead of him? What broke him this hard?
"Jamie you-"
"I know, I should go." He didn't let me say anything.
"Why don't you let me finish speaking?" While he turned around to me again, he nervously played with the keys in his hand.
"Because I'm afraid you have to say something that follows me. That makes it even harder to forget you." Even though it was also my plan to forget him, it was hard to hear that from his mouth.
I swallowed hard. "So you want to forget me?" He bit his lip and turned to his car again. "With me, there's no bright future in sight for you. I'm not selfish and because of that I want the best for you that's possible. And that's not with me."

It would be really nice if you could tell me what you think about this story. I'm happy about every vote and comment. :)

xskinny