Chapter 13 - Precious moments

Jamie POV

"I drive", I said clearly and took the keys out of my pocket.

"You're too angry."

I breathed hard and wished I could kill him with my glance. "So, you're totally relaxed, yeah? It's just Thea, I see."

He just shook his head and fell on the second front seat.

With my nails I drew several motives into the cushion I sat on. What, if it was already too late? If Thea was done something? Deep inside my head I knew that if was my fault. If I hadn't done what I've done this all wouldn't be as it is. If I just had changed one thing, all this could be prevented.

"Do you have the money?", Jim asked quietly. I knew he was as down as I was, but he really annoyed me.

"Yeah."

"How much do they want?"

"That doesn't matter. For Thea I would pay every sum."

He snorted but didn't say something. It was as hard for him was it was for me to have a rival. Not, that I thought he would be one, but after all he also loved her.

"Do you really know where that is?"

My hand cramped around the wheel. "Jim, what do you want from me? If you want me to crash into some cars, well, say it outright and stop bothering me."

"I just mean, because you should have taken the slip road."

I punched my hands onto the wheel and felt the red crawling up into my head. "Damn!", I blew through my teeth.

"I can drive if you want me to."

In this moment I felt like a water heater. All the things that came out of Jims mouth were like the steam that escaped from there. I tried to breathe regularly, but just his presence drove me crazy.

"Listen, Jamie. You may love Thea, and I know you want to find her. But you have to control yourself a bit now. This shit doesn't help us now, you see? We've just lost two precious minutes just because you thought you had to be insane!", he shouted and I could see the tears appearing in his eyes. I closed my eyes and sorted my thoughts once again.

"Okay", I agreed and switched off the motor. "You better drive from now."

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Is Jim really a rival for Jamie? Could Thea ever choose Jim instead of Jamie?

xskinny