Chapter 22 - What if.. ?

Thea POV

My bed felt cold and I missed something, but I needed distance at the same time. This strange feeling made me unsure. Jamie was there, the whole time. But didn't all this happen because of him? I started to think about what I would do if Jim hadn't failed and Jamie and I would be separated. Would I still think of him? Would I still say that I would take every risk just to be with him? Just now I wasn't sure at all. I realized that his life, and especially the ones from his circle of friends was endangered. If I hadn't been with Jamie, all this shit hadn't ever happened. I would be perfectly fine. Working for Barbara, waiting for Jim at the café, spending crazy days with Hanna. But in fact, that wasn't really what I wanted to do. That was my past life, but my currently life was with Jamie. Working as a lector, doing childish things with Jamie, and being all me. Well, maybe my life wasn't that bad. But I wanted to change something. Because in fact it was true: my life at Jamies side was dangerous. Maybe too dangerous for me.

My head felt empty, but overload the same time. Everything seemed so clear, but nothing was. My feelings, my thoughts, everything was a mess and I didn't really know what to think. I rejected Jamie for no reason. And I missed his arm around my body, that helped me to slide into sleep very fast. Now there wasn't this question anymore. 'Why is this all happening to us?' because it all happened because of Jamie, doesn't it? The persons who kidnapped me, they wanted Jamies money. The things Jim did, just because of Jamie. There was something, or someone, who didn't really want us to be together and that made me feel uncomfortable. Maybe our future wasn't meant to be. Maybe we should head separated ways. My head ached and I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I dyed my hair green today ^o^

And sorry for that crappy short chapter today, but I'm really tired right now ._.

xskinny