It was dark that evening. Her bedroom walls felt like they were enclosing on her. She didn't know what she did. She just knew that her parents were extremely mad at her; and for that she feared for her life.

It was quiet. The quiet was agonizing. She was waiting for one of them to burst through this door with an endless amount of torture awaiting. She knew it was coming, and the wait for it was the worst part.

A knock at the door made her jump out of her skin. Her mother popped her head in with a much too joyful look on her face.

"Honey someone is downstairs for you" she smiled at her young daughter.

She didn't know what to think. Could it be those bad men her father had introduced before. She really hoped not. She hated when those men came. Those were the worst of nights.

She cautiously stepped outside of her bedroom, not daring to make one sound. She rarely spoke, fearing if she made the wrong sound she would be punished.

She followed her mother down the stairs and into thing dining hall. She could hear her fathers laughter and an unknown voice. She trembled on the inside. She didn't know who it was but she was going to put up a fight. She wouldn't allow it this time.

"Hello Marcelline, it is a pleasure to finally meet you" the man spoke hearing the smaller girls footsteps. Marcelline didn't reply but stood in the doorway staring at the man. He had a big smile on his face which made her feel queasy. Why was he smiling at her?

"Do you know who I am Marcelline?" The man said. Marcelline only shook her head at the man, making her mother scoff from next to her.

"I'm so sorry, she is unusually shy" her mother said shoving her more into the room. She fell right where the man was and looked up, feeling very intimidated by his blue eyes staring down at her with interest.

"Is it possible that I can speak to Marcelline alone?" The man spoke helping the girl up which shocked Marcelline to the fullest.

"I wouldn't advise that, she's quite...odd" her father spoke and she stiffened at those words.

"Oddness is not a bad thing, Mr.Dubois ." The man said to her father, his smile never faultering.

Her father and mother exchanged looks and sighed walking out of the room, leaving and unnamed strange man who liked to smile alone with Marcelline. She couldn't be more prettified.

"Marcelline why don't you have a seat." He said pulling the seat next to him to face him. She obliged hesitantly.

"Do you know who I am Marcelline?" He said staring at the younger girl. She shook her head, never breaking eye contact; scared that if she were to blink something bad were to happen.

"I am Albus Dumbledore. I am a Professor at a school Hogwarts. I'm sure you have heard of it" he said and she slowly shook her head yes, remembering all the times her mother said she would never get accepted into that school.

"I'm here to personally say that you have been accepted. You have been on this list for a very long time, knowing your lineage. We are extremely happy to have you come into our school Marcelline." He said and finally she broke a small smile.

"We are very excited to have you learn in our school, and learn is what you would do. With our school we will make sure you live up to your fullest potential, we will make sure you excel at everything you have ever wished apon." He said to the small girl who's eyes seemed to brighten at the word 'learn'.

"Do you have a library?" Marcelline finally asked. Her voice quiet as a mouse.

"I take it you like to read? We have every book you would ever need. It is only limited to your your own brain capacity." He said and she nodded enthusiastically.

"It is a pleasure to be able to see you grow and excel, and I am very excited to see what you have in store for us Marcelline Dubois.

And with that Albus Dumbledore left the Dubois Manor, remembering the smile he put on that timid girls face. He only wished he could do that with every student and kid he came apon. He quickly apparated to his last stop, thinking for a moment that he hopes he can put that much happiness in the kid that waits behind the walls of

Wool's Orphanage.