61

-

-

"What a wonderful feeling it is to see all your lively faces staring at me. In fear..in loyalty..in love." Tom said pacing around the very full room of new and old followers.

"Today we truly do get to test if your loyalty truly does reside with me..or if you have..a change of heart" Tom said glancing at Marcelline when he sat down.

"Can I be the first one?" A girl with curly black hair piped up and Marcelline raised her eyebrows.

"I admire your ambition Bella but I will choose who goes first." He said and she put her head down in shame.

His dark eyes glanced around the room and everyone's face. Some eager...some nervous..some looking like they need to puke.

"Lucius Malfoy" he said and Abraxas facial expression strained as his son got up and walked over to the Dark Lord.

"Are you ready to fix your name which your father has tainted?" He said standing up.

"I am my lord" he said and Tom smirked pulling out his wand. He pointed it to Lucius's now rolled up sleeve. They all watched as The Dark Lord chanted and how a dark snake like mark started to scratch its ways into Lucius's skin. They all watched him struggle and flinch. All the pain going through his arm, the burning sensation. They all knew how it felt and watched as the new generation made the same mistake they did.

"Nervous Severus?" Marcelline spoke in Severus's mind. His head shot her way and she smirked. "Your lily will be safe from all the evils of the world. I will make sure of it" she said and he nodded once turning his head back to the Dark Lord.

-

"A Party?" Lucius muttered to his father who only nodded. "It's more of like a..Celebration for pledging your loyalty to the Dark Lord." Marcelline said coming up behind him. Lucius flared his nostrils but kept his composure.

"Abraxas your son sure does have your temper" she said and walked away from them. She knew Lucius did not like her for the fact that his father was head over heels for her. That was the fun of it though.

"Wanna dance Severus?" She said walking over to the young boy. He raised his eyebrows at her. "No"

"Stop being a prude this is a Celebration. It's suppose to be fun not depressing"  She said. "What's your deal? Why are you here? We all sort of have some deal with the Dark Lord. Protection. Obsession. Fear. You don't seem to be any of those. What's your game?" He said putting down his glass.

"I don't have no game" she said.

"I see the way he looks at you. No malicious or evil glare. No intimidation."

"We're simply just partners Severus now I advise you to stop poking your nose where it does not belong. The Dark Lord will not like you trying to figure out his or my aim" 

He just stayed quiet taking another sip of his wine. "You're trying to kill Dumbledore?" He said and she widened her eyes in surprise.

"How did you-"

"Not very subtle with your thoughts are you?" He said and she gasped. "You read my mind you little twat" she said.

"Some. You have a very strong barrier. I couldn't get past all of it without you noticing. I have a proposition" he said and she crossed her arms.

"I am still a student in Hogwarts. I can get close to Dumbledore. See what he knows. In return I want no parts in any activities that goes on." He said.

"That's not my decision to make"

"Oh but I believe that you could convince the Dark Lord if you really wanted to. Do you know how happy it would make him if we knew Dumbledore's secrets?" He said.

"I like you better when you're drunk" she said and he laughed.

"How about that dance now?" He said holding out his hand.