5

-

-

Dinner came and Marcelline sat quietly at the Ravenclaw table with a book about Astronomy in her hand. Everybody in the house sat far from her and she liked it this way. They usually never conversed with her.

"Do you always do that?" Someone said from in front of her making her look up, to be met with Abraxas Malfoy. She rolled her eyes.

"I mean do you always read at dinner. In fact every time I see you, you are either reading or have a book in your hand. Don't you go out? Don't you have fun. I don't think I've ever seen you smile actually" he said taking her book from her and closing it.

"I could kill you right now and I bet no one would care. Give me my book back" she said staring right in his eyes.

"No I want you to actually look at me when we have a conversation"

"What could you possibly want that is so important. I swear that if this is a waste of my time I'll make you regret it Malfoy"

"How come you weren't put in Slytherin?" He said and she lightly flinched but he didn't notice.

"I didn't want to be. I don't care about the houses. Now if you would let me be.." she said reaching for her book but he took it and held it to his side so she couldn't get it.

"You have all the qualities of a Slytherin but yet you're over here in Ravenclaw."

"Like I said I don't care about the houses and this stupid structure of the school so give me back my book" she said not caring how everybody in Ravenclaw was tensed up as Abraxas sat down.

"You need to relax. I can sense how tense you are. Don't you ever drink?" He said watching as she got more and more annoyed with him.

"Why would I need to drink? It'll only cause me to be vulnerable and that time is precious. With that time wasted I could be studying. Why do you care what I do anyway? Seriously you were just trying to trip me down the stairs now you're all interested in my life?" She said.

"Well Marcelline, you interest me. A girl like you, so beautiful and dainty has the heart of a snake and teeth around it. You confuse me but none the less, I heard from Riddle that you are attending our group session today?" He said clasping his hands together.

"You're pathetic excuse of flirting does not work on me, Malfoy. To answer your question yes I am going to be joining today's session. Now give me back my book" she said gathering her other books to get up and leave.

"No I think I'll keep it till tonight"

"Accio" she muttered quickly without the flick of her wand and suddenly the book he was waving around in the air was now in her hands and the expression on his face was almost enough to make her laugh. She got up and left the table quickly not failing to notice how she felt his surprised eyes on her as she left.

-

Marcelline arrived at the Slytherin common room and was waiting for someone to open it for her. "Here I thought you would get lost" Abraxas said leaving the common room to let her in. He held his hand out to let her in but she did not take it walking right past him and into the common room.

"Wow it's very...green" she said taking in the scenery.

"Well that is our house colors. We're having the meeting in Riddle's room but he isn't here right now so he told us to wait for him." He said watching her body as she walked around. Oh how she was so tempting.

She only nodded and he motioned for him to grab her arm which she did only cause she didn't know where to go. He felt like king of the world when she latched her arm to his. Having someone as beautiful and strong as her on his arm, oh the feeling was empowering.

He led her up into the boys dormitory and into the farthest room. He opened the door and was met with a couple other boys who were goofing off, but stopped when hearing the door open.

"This is Marcelline, Riddle mentioned he would be bringing her to the meeting today. This is Theo, Avery, Orion, and Lestrange." He said and they all waved silently but she did not sorts, only taking in her surroundings.

"You can sit anywhere except that bed. That's Tom's and he doesn't like people touching his stuff." Abraxas said and she hummed in response. He noticed how Theo raised his eyes at Abraxas, subtly asking who is this girl.

"What house are you in?" Lestrange said breaking the silence. The girl made eye contact with him which made his body shutter. "Ravenclaw"

They all widened their eyes at this which made her eyes roll.
"Tom usually doesn't allow other houses to come into our meetings, he usually doesn't talk to other houses in fact" Avery said and they all nodded in agreement.

"She's an exception" Tom said standing in the doorway watching how his 'friends' spoke with the girl he had invited.

They all flinched as they heard him speak but she didn't. She only turned around and they stared at each other. It looked like he had just gotten a shower as his head was wet and face slightly red from hot water. He looked...good.

"Do you have the book Avery?" Tom said sitting at the desk near his bed. He motioned for Marcelline to sit on his bed near him which made everyone raise their eyebrows.

"Father will send it as soon as he gets home from his journey which should be in a few short days."

She watched them all talk about their opinions on muggles and the housing and how stupid Albus Dumbledore is. She watched in curiosity how they all seem to agree with Tom's opinion, as if they were scared to say anything else.

"Do you have a name?" She said and everyone turned to her including Tom. He looked at her with raised eyebrows. "An organization name, something you could call this little group"

"The Knights of Walpurgis" Lestrange said.

And for what seemed like eternity, Marcelline finally let out a small laugh. Tom was watching the way she was trying to contain her laughter. It angered him as she mocked them but also amused him that she was so brave to do so. Everybody watched the two so silently, scared to move.

"Find it amusing?" Tom finally said and Marcelline finally let the smile come out that she was holding.

"Well it just doesn't stand for what you're going for here. I was listening and it seems like overall you want to rid of mudbloods and other sorts. Death is the thing you are aiming for here. You need a name that strikes fear in people when they hear it." She said confidently. They all shot their eyes to Tom, expecting him to hex her into oblivion for mocking him.

"Well what do you have in mind" he said listening to her opinion. Everybody let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.

"Death eaters. Those who eat death as if it was nothing. Being superior to death as if it were a mere blueberry on a plate." She said and Tom raised his eyes, surprised at the girl's wording.

"I like it"

"I didn't ask for you opinion Nott. I have to agree though, it does go for what we're standing for. Well it's settled then, Death eaters" Tom said and watched as the girl small smile came back as they all cheered in excitement. He couldn't help but smile himself, even if it was barely noticeable.

-