37

-

-

"Good morning Tom" she said taking a seat next to him at the Slytherin table. He looked at her with tired eyes and lightly smiled.

"Did you sleep well?" She said making a plate of breakfast.

"Not at all" he said. She took a strawberry out of his bowl of fruit and put it on her plate. Every part of him was telling him to hex this girl right here but another part of him could never cause her any harm.

"Why not?" She said staring at him. Oh the concern in her eyes made his knees feel weak.

"Just a lot on my mind. Stop taking my strawberries" he said as she took another one. He slapped her hand and she laughed. Chills ran through his spine.

"You have them all you hog." She said.

"Should have came earlier" he said back. She just rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna call a meeting this evening." He said and she nodded. "We need to find whoever told that Auror we were gonna be in Albania." He said watching her lips turn slightly red from the strawberry she was eating.

"Did you tell anyone?" She said.

"No" he said, his eyes never leaving her lips.

"I feel sorry for whoever it is" she said. Tom almost didn't hear her. He was completely in a trance.

"I don't" he said and started eating his fruit.

-

She sat next to him. Everybody was confused as he usually likes to be the only one at the end of the table. But no. They sat next to each other staring at everybody.

"We have run into a little problem" Tom said as everybody stared at them. They had the same look on their face that scared them shitless.

They looked murderous.

"When we were on our trip; we encountered an Auror. An Auror with my exact description. He said whomever had gave him this intel had a dark tattoo on his forearm." Tom said and Marcelline stood up and circled around them. Prying into a lot of minds at the same time was something she was not use to.

"Now I expect the person who had told on us to come forward immediately" he said and Marcelline had a smirk on her face.

"You didn't think it would get this far, did you Travers?" She suddenly whispered in his ear making him jump. Tom watched with a smirk plastered all over his face.

"You thought this was a silly little school thing. That it would end the minute we were out of Hogwarts, didn't you?" She said and he stared at her wide eyed.

"How did you know-"

"I know everything Travers, I also know you made a big mistake." She said and then looked at Tom.

"This is bigger than you ever imagined. You're ours until the day you die" she said and Tom stood up.

"I'll deal with him, Thank you Darling" he said and she nodded.  

"Meeting dismissed" he said and everybody got up and left in a hurry except Marcelline and Travers.

"Wait for me in the Slytherin Common Room" he said not looking at her but at the boy he trusted, the boy who betrayed him.

"Don't kill him Tom. We're in school" she said in a obvious tone.

"I'm not an imbecile. I just want to have a little chat." He said and Marcelline nodded and walked out of the Room of Requirement.

-

"How did you know it was Travers?" Theo said sitting next to Marcelline in the Slytherin Common room.

"He kept chanting, please don't come near me, please don't come near me in his head" she said in a mocking tone making Theo and Orion laugh.

"You're a legilimens?" He asked.

"Something like that" she said but her eyes landed towards the door which just opened. Here comes the boy whom she had dreaded seeing the most. Abraxas walked in with his hair perfectly white and a white button up. She had tried to ignore him in the meeting. Not even making eye contact. This time was inevitable. They made eye contact and she instantly broke it.

"He won't shut up about you" Orion said watching Abraxas look at her with a longing look. "So I've heard" she said.

"It's quite annoying. He's being foolish. Everybody knows our Lord put a claim on you" he said and her eyes shot towards him. "A claim on me?" She said.

"Yeah. He won't even let anybody look at you outside of our circle. You didn't notice?" Theo said and she looked at him.

"Abraxas was gonna talk to you but Tom threatened him with an eternity of pain." He said and she snorted at the thought of Tom saying that.

"He's dramatic" she said but couldn't help but feel queasy over the fact that he did that. It put butterflies all in her stomach.

Just then Tom walked in and immediately went over to Marcelline. "Come with me" he said grabbing her hand.

"I was talking to-"

"I don't care. I have to show you something" he said and she huffed but took his hand and left with him. Everybody eyes were on the two inseparable teens.

"He's gonna end up killing her" Abraxas said quietly.

"I think she's okay with that man" Theo said.