59

-

-

"Ah Professor...to what do I owe this pleasure?" Marcelline said staring at the smiling man and whom just knocked on their door.

"Just wanted to check up and have a chat with my favorite student." He said and she smiled letting him go past her. She tried to read his mind but he had a barrier that was strong; if she tried to break through he would know.

She knew something was wrong instantly. Why was he here?

"Would you like some tea?" She said faking hospitality. "No thank you." He said with a smile. She knew it was fake. He had something up his sleeve.

She sat down on the couch and he sat on the opposite side of her. She was only sat in a big shirt of Tom's and shorts so she felt very uncomfortable. Sort of like she was being watched.

"I heard you took over your fathers position at the ministry?" He said. "Yes I did" she said. She knew Tom was going to walk through this door any minute.

"How has that been going for you?" He said.

"Actually quite well. My father wasn't leadership material but I gotten a lot of people to follow me quite easily" she said remembering how she made every one of her fathers hunch-man scream in agony and now they work for Tom.

"How has things at Hogwarts been treating you?" She asked.

"Quite well. They have elected me the new headmaster staring next year." He said and she smiled. "Only seems fitting" she replied. They sat in silence until she finally had enough.

"Professor I do enjoy the company but I have to ask, truthfully, why are you here?" She said and his smile grew bigger. "Ah Ms.Dubois, I could never hide much from you" he said.

"I have heard in the news that a dark wizard has risen under the name, Lord Voldemort" he said and she swore her heart stopped. "Now if I remember correctly, a certain Slytherin Student renamed himself under that same alias" he said and she started laughing.

"You think Tom is involved with any of that sorts?" She said raising her eyebrows.

"I do. In fact I think he may be the reason it is all happening...some sort of leader" he said and she started laughing.

"Oh Albus you sure know how to make a joke" she said.

"I am quite serious. I think that he is this Lord Voldemort; and I think you are involved too. That's why I have come here; to ask you personally if you have any involvement."

"I am very sure to you that Tom has nothing to do with those sorts" she said.

"If you are very sure...you wouldn't mind pulling up your sleeve" he said with a very serious Tone.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"There has been a symbol appearing above the houses which were targeted by said Death Eaters. I have an educational guess that whomever is a follower of the Dark Lords must bare these marks. So please, pull up your sleeves." He said and she stared at him.

Shit.

She pulled up her right sleeve up first and he smiled as he saw nothing. "Left now" he said and she bit her tongue down.

She slowly pulled up her sleeve to reveal...nothing. He looked up in her eyes. "I told you" she said but he had a glint in his eyes that made her know he knew something she didn't. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at her arm.

"Revealio" he said and just there the mark started to show more and more. He really didn't want to be right. He really didn't but he knew. He looked up only to be met with a white ball of light and he flew back. Marcelline quickly stood up

"So it is true" Dumbledore said standing up. "I already knew but I really wanted to think I was wrong" he said pointing his wand at her. They stared at each other. Silent. Both not knowing when the other is going to make a move.

"You could have done great things Marcelline! Why did you choose to follow him?" He said.

"He saved me when you didn't. I would follow him until the end of time." She said.

"It's not too late. Put down your wand and come with me and we can get your sentence cut short." He said and she laughed.

"I would rather die" she said and casted the Avada Kadavra spell which collided with his spell. He was strong. So so strong. But he was cut off by her strength. Her ambition. Her love for Tom was so strong.

"Just let go Albus! You can't win against us!" She said trailing in closer.

"Soon enough you will let go and I have Aurors outside waiting to arrest you." He said and their spark died out as she started laughing manically.

"What Aurors?" She said and his face dropped as he ran over to the window. He looked outside quickly to see the 10 Aurors he had brought with him on the ground with blood coming from their eyes.

She took this chance to cast a spell his way but he quickly deflected it.

Their spelled connected again in a fight against green and red. A fight against good and evil. Well....who really is the bad one in this situation?

"You could have avoided this! I was a kid! I was just a kid and you knew everything that happened to me! You did nothing but sit there! This is all your fault. You could have saved me and Tom but you chose not to! Now you have to die!" She said letting her spell grow closer to him. She knew that he was growing weaker and weaker. Her mind was penetrating his with an immense force of pain. He was so incredibly strong she felt herself growing weaker.

Suddenly a knife flew his way and into his arm. Making him drop his wand. Another one flew into his other arm. "Stupefy!" She said and he flew on the wall stuck there.

"Please. I don't want to hurt you Marcelline" he said out of breath. Suddenly she heard an apparation sound making her drop her mind barrier for a quick second. All it took was a second. He was in her mind just like that. Penetrating every memory; every painful thought she ever had. She dropped to her knees in agony and Tom came running around the corner.

He looked at Marcelline on the floor screaming and Dumbledore, with cuts in his arms, staring over her. "Avada Kadavra" he said shooting at Dumbledore but he quickly moved out the way and shot another spell at Tom. Marcelline weakily got up and saw the two's wands collided. She knew Tom could not win.

"Bombarda Maxima!" She yelled at Dumbedore and suddenly the whole house started to erupt in a series of explosions. She quickly ran to Tom who caught her weakened body and they apparated away leaving Dumbledore.

Who's the real villain if one's villain story was caused by the hero?