66

-

-

The memory haunted her. Her dreams when she slept. Her days where she was awake for hours. When she was quiet. It wouldn't let her forget.

She was going to die.

She stared at her naked frail body in the mirror. Skin and bones. Stomach just starting to show just a bit. She rubbed her pale small hands around her stomach. Two small things that aren't even alive are going to kill her.

Should she be impressed? Or scared?

Nobody knew. Only Severus, Tom's right hand man. Her and Tom himself.

Oh Tom.

How he searched and searched and searched for an answer. Willing to try every possibility. He would not give up.

She has.

"You look like death" Abraxas said stepping into her room while she read her book. A huge shirt covered most of her body but she still pulled the blanket over her aching body.

"Thanks" she said sarcastically.

He sat down on the edge of the bed. God these years did not do him justice. Age lines from extreme stress were covering his face.

"Lucius has a son to be born" he said abruptly and she looked up. His eyes were full of tears but they would not break. "Narcissa is pregnant. I'm going to be a grand father" he said wiping the one tear that shed from his eye.

"That's grea-"

"I don't want her involved in any of this. Lucius doesn't either. It'll stress her out too much. I don't want my grandson-"

"I understand" she said and he nodded. "I'll talk to Tom but I don't know how well it is going to go" she said and he nodded.

"What's his name going to be?" She asked him.

"Draco" he said and she nodded.

"How are you feeling?" He said turning to her.

"Horrible but I will live" she said with a fake smile. "You were always a fighter" he said with a small laugh.

"Do you ever regret being friends with Tom?" She asked him as he stared into her green eyes.

"Every day" he said. "You?"

"I don't know. I don't know where my life would be without him. He saved me Brax" she said.

"He is going crazy with power. I didn't know it would turn like this. Killing so many people. I even feel bad for the muggles" he said and she laughed.

"He is a little head strong" she said. It felt good to laugh.

"There's a new recruit. Just joined. He asked not to have his name exposed but only a few people know including me." He said.

"His name is Peter Pettigrew. Apparently he is a Gryffindor" he said and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Very timid. Guess he came he looking for protection"

"He made a big mistake then" she said and he nodded. "Regulus Black also joined" he said and her head perked up again.

"Walburga and Orion's son?" She said and he nodded. "Just turned 18. He looks just like Orion did when he was younger" he said.

"Such a shame" she said.

"They have no clue what they are getting themselves into" he said shaking his head.

"Did you?" She said.

"I had an idea but never thought it would be real. I thought it was just a school thing but-"

"Now it's stuck with us for life" she said.

"Until someone has the guts to kill him" he said and she looked up again.

"Kill him?" She said.

"Well yeah the only way he would ever stop is if he is dead" he said and she nodded softly thinking.

"I'm going back to bed again Brax. Can you tell Tom I'll be down in a bit?" She said and he nodded getting up and leaving the room. As soon as she heard the click of the door  she jumped and grabbed her journal which she hasn't used in years and started a new entry.

"To my dearest children..."