44

-

-

She in fact did not get expelled.

But yet has to spend every Friday now in detention until the end of the year.

With Professor Dumbledore.

He watched as the young girl sat in the corner of his office for the 3rd time in 3 weeks sipping her tea softly and humming a random song.

She looked...unhinged.

She did not look like herself.

She looked sort of like Tom.

And that scared Dumbledore.

"What song are you humming?" He asked and she looked up.

"Don't know. I heard it in Diagon Alley and it's been repeating in my head ever since." She said and he nodded.

"Muggles have this thing called a radio. It is quite fascinating what they can do without magic." Dumbledore said and she only slowly nodded.

"Have you been sleeping well?" He asked again trying to make conversation.

"Actually yes I've been getting quite a good amount of sleep. It's unusual but I'm not complaining" she said with a small smile.

"Do you plan on going back to your house for winter break?" He said and she nodded. "I've been renovating the place; making it my own" she said and he nodded.

"Yes your parents did sort of have a darkness around the place. It could use a different change. Your father was always into dark things" he said and she perked her head up.

"You knew my father?" She said. Her carefree look completely vanished and she had a more serious tone.

"Yes. Not very well but words do go around. Your father and I use to go to the same bar when we were in our younger days. He was quite the chatter" he said and Marcelline stayed quiet.

"I remember specifically one time he was talking to the bar tender about how we should rid the world of muggle once and for all. He said spells I had never even heard of that would do such a thing. Your father was always into dark magic, I'm suspecting your mother was too?" He asked and she nodded slowly.

"I remember the first time I had met you. They were shocked to see me which confused me then but I now understand. They did not understand you, did they Marcelline?" He said.

She shook her head No slowly.

"I do. I seen your potential and still do. You are very powerful and continues to get more and more powerful. You are brilliant. It is such a shame they did what they did and did not see you for what you are" he said and her heart stopped.

"You knew?" She whispered.

"Like I said I did know your father and he was very talkative" Dumbledore said Cooly.

She felt like all the worlds weight just went onto her heart and she could no longer breath.

"You knew and you did nothing?" She said slowly walking over to him.

"It was not my place to-"

"I was a child! You could have taken me away from them!" She yelled tears swelling in her eyes.

"Marcelline if you would sit down and let me explain-"

"You made me the way I am! You made me like this ! You could have prevented it! I was a innocent kid! You don't understand the things they put me through! You could have prevented it all!" She yelled and suddenly her eyes flashed red for a second making Dumbledore stare at her dumbfounded.

"Marcelline did Tom make you do anything with Dark Magic?" He said and she felt something in her twitch.

"Tom did nothing but show me my potential. He protected me! Don't you dare belittle him in front of me!" She said tears now spilling down her face.

"Did you know about Tom too? Did you know that that muggle infected orphanage did to him?!" She screamed. Dumbledore only stayed silent.

"You did, didnt you? You knew everything yet you just sat here doing nothing. You let two innocent children get tortured! You let me be used!"

"Marcelline I am so sorry for whatever they did to you but Tom is not setting a good example for you, why don't you sit down-"

"HE MADE ME FEEL SAFE WHEN YOU DIDN'T. HE PROTECTED ME. HE SAVED ME." She screamed. Suddenly his glass of tea suddenly cracked as she screamed.

"I see how devoted you are to him but-"

"One day you will see. One day you will pay for what you let me and him go through. I promise you that Albus" she said and she left the room slamming the door behind her.

Dumbledore only stared at his cup which was now leaking tea.