19

-

-

Tom and Marcelline stayed up all night reviewing the spells and necessities to make such Horcrux. They had it all planned out. They agreed that the very next night would be when the murder was executed and the horcrux was made. Tom was going to become immortal.

To say she was nervous was an understatement. She didn't know what could happen. She fully believed Tom could succeed but the thought of him not succeeding is in the back of her head. What would happen if he didn't?

Marcelline made it through her day without seeing a glance of Tom. She knew he was probably studying over the spell. She knew he was probably making sure everything went accordingly.

"Pssst" she heard someone tapping her in DADA. She turned her heard and seen Abraxas sitting directly behind her. "Why have you been ignoring me?" He said and she rolled her eyes.

"I haven't. I simply don't have the time to waste" she said turning her head back. "Cause you're always with Riddle?" He said and she detected the jealousy laced on his tongue when he said that.

"Malfoy don't tell me you're jealous? What we had going wasn't commitment it was only a distraction. Don't tell me you actually thought I liked you?" She said and he sat back quietly in his seat. She turned back to Dumbledore who was grading papers. He looked up and met her eyes and smiled lightly.

-

It was the next day and dinner came faster than she expected. She was filling her bottle with tea and got a bowl of soup wrapped neatly. She walked out of the dining hall as fast as she could and she made her way to the girls lavatory. She knocked slightly and Tom pulled her in quickly locking the door again.

"I thought you weren't going to show" he said and he looked stressed. "I was bringing you food." She said handing him the tea and soup. He raised his eyebrows at her.

"You're about to split your soul apart and I know for a fact you didn't eat since yesterday. You want to be as strong as you can for this Tom." She said and he sighed rubbing his eyes.

He began eating the soup he felt like throwing up immediately. She knew he was stressed. His eyebrows were permanently furrowed and he was pacing back and forth.

"What ever happens to me. I don't care if I'm writhing in pain. I don't care if I ask you to end it all for me. You must agree that you will help me complete it?" He said and she nodded. He opened the doorway for the chamber of secrets and hopped down. Marcelline quickly followed with Tom catching her before she could reach the ground.

"Wear these" he said handing her sunglasses. He walked through the chamber of secrets. He placed the diary on the floor. "It should be any minute now." He said and she nodded. Suddenly they heard the door of the girls bathroom swing open and someone sobbing. It sounded like a little girl.

"Turn around" he said and she obliged. She heard him muttering in the snake language and suddenly she felt the same coldness. She heard the same slithering slimy monster. She heard Tom speaking to it; instructing it on what to do and suddenly it was gone.

Marcelline turned around and Tom stared at her. "Come on we don't have much time" he said grabbing open the book. He pulled out his wand and started muttering the Latin words. They heard a scream and Marcelline only hoped that Tom put sound enchantments.

Tom saw the book starting to glow as he was muttering the words. Marcelline watched in horror as Tom dropped to the floor and screamed in agony and pain. She dropped to the floor with him. "Come on Tom. It's going to be okay. You have to finish it." She said grabbing the book. He wasn't saying anything but screaming. His body shook violently. She felt her heart hurt at the very sight.

She took her wand and pointed at him muttering the same words he was doing. The screaming got louder and louder as she finished the spell. The book suddenly flew closed and Tom suddenly stopped screaming. He was unconscious. "Everything is going to be okay" she said stroking his pale cheek. She watched as his body stopped shaking and his breath evened out. He did it. They did it.

Tom was now immortal.