30

-

-

Another week has gone by.

No progress.

They walk endlessly everyday for hours in the heat.

Tom wouldn't give up and neither would she. They were determined.

Marcelline noticed how he seemed more, relaxed here. How he didn't have the prefect demeanor. His hair was curly and disheveled and he had a slight stubble appearing on his face. Marcelline thought he never looked better.

"What's your favorite color?" She suddenly asked him. He turned around and looked at her with a disgusting look on his face.

"You are not asking me such stupid questions" he said and she rolled her eyes.

"Well I don't see why not. We can talk while we walk. It'll make the time go by faster" she said and he rolled his eyes and walked away from her. He thought about it. About the question.

"Green" he said after a few minutes. "Of course it is" she said. A specific shade of green splashed in his mind. If only she knew.

"Ok what is yours then" he said.

"Purple" she said and he looked at her with a weird look. "What?" She said stopping. He looked up and down at her. A green tank top and shorts. Her body was perfectly portrayed for visions like the one he was having.

"Didn't expect you to say Purple" he said and started walking again. "Always expect the unexpected Riddle" she said and he couldn't help but chuckle. She loved his smile. His genuine one that was so so rare and so small you would barely notice it but she did.

"Would you ever want one?" He said. She knew exactly what he was saying.

"I don't know" she said.

"I could help you. I don't expect you would need my help but it is much easier with someone there. We could find you something suitable-" he started.

"I don't know if I would want to live forever Tom" she said and he stopped.

"Why would you want to accept something so pathetic as death?" He said.

"Why would I want to live forever? The world is a horrid place Tom."

"That's why I'm planning to change it. It will be brand new. Refurbished. We could do it together Marcelline. Me and you." He said and she blushed slightly.