7

-

-

Marcelline couldn't tell why she was nervous. She had been to a hundred of Slughorns dinner and parties but today she was nervous.

Deep down, she knew it was because she was accompanied by Tom Riddle. She scolded herself but no matter how hard she tried, she always felt this weird queasy feeling whenever he looked at her or said her name.

She did as he told her to dress nicely with a tight black dress and a pair of black heels. Lightly curled hair and reddish pink lipgloss she looked very, mature. That's what she wanted. She also knew there was going to be very powerful people and she wanted to impress them.

She walked out of her dormitory and all eyes were on her as she walked through the common room. She smirked a little but kept walking and opened the door. Tom stood there, dressed in a black suit and his hair was nicely placed. He looked like he belonged on a magazine.

"Hello Beautiful" he said taking in her outfit. He noticed how the dress hugged her curves he didn't know she had. Her body was perfection.

"Hello Tom, you clean up well" she said and he smirked a little but hooked arms with hers and walked towards the party, talking about what they had in mind for over the break.

"I will be staying at Hogwarts for Christmas" She said and he nodded slowly. He couldn't deny the feeling of pure temptations when he looked at her like this. She looked beautiful and  Tom couldn't deny the sexual feelings awakening in him.

"Oh here's Tom right here, and accompanied by Miss Dubois, another outstanding student of mines" Slughorn said as they approached the door arms linked together. They both flashed a very fake smile and went inside.

"Miss Dubois here is almost head of all our classes if it wasn't for Mr.Riddle. It only seem fitting that they would accompany together on this fine afternoon."

They both smiled as they walked in and Tom motioned them right over to where Abraxas and Theodore stood. Abraxas smiled as soon as he saw Marcelline but the smile soon faltered as he took in her outfit and suddenly he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Wow Marcelline you clean up very nicely" Theo said and she thanked him politely. Abraxas only nodded agreeing but not making eye contact with either of them. He knew if he did he would be done for.

"Would you care to dance darling" Theo said holding out his hand and Marcelline smiled and took it and they walked over to the dance floor. Tom only watched them curiously as she danced with him carefree. He didn't know why he was so interested in her. She mocked him, she made him feel things he shouldn't feel. He wants to torture her for making him feel such things, but he can't. He can't do it.

"Did you invite her to our Christmas party?" Abraxas said finally breaking the silence.

"No I didn't. She will be staying here for Christmas. I wont be attending this year, I have important plans but send my best wishes to your family" Tom said not taking his eye off the girl as Theo spun her around and she laughed more than she ever did with him. He felt angry. He felt like he should be the only one to make that pretty smile appear on her face.

"You like her?" Abraxas said cutting his thoughts off.

"No I simply don't understand her and that frustrates me."

"You seem to watch her like a hawk"

"She's simply my prize for all my hard work. I do not wish to have her romantically though. She's one of us now" he said and Abraxas felt a burden on his chest being relieved.

Abraxas stood the closest with Tom Riddle. Tom used him for his power with his important family but considered him one of his most trusted followers. "Mind if I ask her for a dance?" Abraxas said biting his tongue after and waiting to be hexed.

"I do not care what you do. If she starts looking for me tell her I will be talking to Professor Slughorn" Tom said and looked away as Abraxas made his way over to the girl he so deeply was curious about. He didn't know if she had placed a charm on him, or if he has been ill but seeing her with Abraxas and Theodore laughing, being happy, made him feel sick to his stomach.
-