49

-

-

When it was time for them to head back to Hogwarts it was Tom that started to ignore Marcelline.

He wouldn't sit with her at lunch or breakfast, he wouldn't talk to her in classes, he wouldn't even speak with her in the Slytherin Common room. She didn't know what she did wrong but she guessing this is her payback.

She was yet to break up with Christian. She had been avoiding him honestly. She doesn't care about him, she just doesn't want to deal with the headache that comes along with him.

She was sitting in the Astronomy Tower alone. She was watching the stars and was so content in her head that she didn't hear the footsteps behind her. "Are you avoiding me?" She heard and turned around to be met with Christian.

"Yes" she replied looking back to the sky. The world was so full tonight. How she wished that she could be up there with them, join them in the night sky.

"Why?"

"I don't want to speak with you" she said and he walked closer to her. She could feel his breath and flared her nostrils.

"Did I do something wrong? You can tell me so we can work things out-"

"I don't want to work things out with you Christian!" She abruptly said turning to him. His face looked heart broken at her words.

"Are you saying you want to break up with me?"

"Yes" she said and he looked like he could kill someone.

"Is it Tom? Is he making you say this? I swear Marcelline I will put that man in a hospital-"

"Don't talk about him like that! You don't know anything so don't try and guess!" She said and started walking towards the stairs but he pulled her back.

"It is him! I knew there was something going on between you two! Did you cheat on me?!" He yelled in her face.

"There's nothing going on between me and Tom! Let me go!" She said trying to get out of his grasp but he wouldn't budge.

"Why are you leaving me then?! Why would you let him stay with you and not me?! Why are you so attached to him?! I'm your boyfriend not him!"

"Because I'm in love with him!" She blurted out before she could think. She felt his grip drop and his face sulk. He only nodded slowly and shoved past her and something else and walked down the Astronomy toward.

She ran her fingers through her hair and turned around but was met with a strong chest. She looked up to see Tom's face staring at her with a odd expression.

Shit.

"Tom I can expl-"

He said nothing but turned down the stairs and fled. He looked scared. He felt scared. She felt scared. They were all scared. Scared of love. Scared of something they were never given. Scared of something they thought the worst of.

She felt her eyes fill up with tears. She tried so hard for him not to find out. She tried and tried and tried but he found out. She felt her heart shatter. She hated herself. She hated that she loved him. She loved a man that will never love her back. She loved a murderer. He made her a murderer. He made her crazy. He made her unhinged. He freed her. He freed her insanity. How could she love him?

He will never love her back.

Right now she wished more than anything to be up in the sky with the stars. Where there is no love. No people. No feelings. Just peacefulness.

There was no peacefulness when it comes to her. Her mind ran a thousand miles per second and all she could think about is him. His smile, his scent, his hands and legs, his eyes, his hair; him. All she could think about is Tom. All she could think about is how she ruined the greatest thing she ever had. It made her want to throw up. It made her sob uncontrollably. She ruined it all with her stupid feelings.

She didn't know what to do. She had no one to go to. Tom was her savior and now he hates her.

She hates herself.

Oh how pitching herself off the Astronomy Tower is sounding more and more plausible.