46

-

-

She sat at the old piano in her house. The keys were dusty and faded.

"Did you play?" Tom said standing in the doorway watching the girl who has been ignoring him.

"My parents use to make me for entertainment" Marcelline said looking at him. They had been there a week but she has not seen him once. This was the first time and it was like taking a deep breath of air after dying.

He walked over slowly to her and sat next to her on the piano bench. Her breath hitched slightly but she hid it.

"Could you play me something?" He asked looking in her eyes. Her head was swirling with emotions. She was staring into the eyes which she has avoided all these weeks. She found herself wondering why she would deprive herself of such a beautiful sight.

"It has been years Tom, I'm not sure if I even remember-"

He grabbed her hands cutting her off and she suddenly felt a jolt of electricity in her body. He guided her hands to the piano and watched as he gently put them down on the keys. She only stared at the dusty keys, remembering every time she had to perform. Perform for her family and their guest.

Her fingers suddenly felt like water. It was like breathing. It was natural to her. She had done it so many times to impress she never had the time to actually enjoy the sounds the beautiful machine made.

Tom only watched as she became entranced. The way her delicate fingers worked like magic; producing the most beautiful sound he has ever heard. The way her face looked a lot calmer, more relaxed. The way her eyes sparkled as she realized what she was doing. He enjoyed looking at her. Watching her. Watching her every move as she did things no one else could. To him, she was a master piece.

The sat alone in the big room, the only sound that could be heard was the piano. Any tension that was there before just disappeared with the music. It was just them two. Alone.

Tom loved it that way.

Her green eyes met his dark ones again and she suddenly felt the air around her. How thick it was.

"You cease to amaze me, beautiful" he said softly going closer to her face.

"I should go take a shower-" she said but her body defeated her as she found herself leaning in to. Every part of her was screaming that she should leave. Get up. She couldn't. She was glued in his eyes. She was stuck in his presence.

"I've missed you darling" he said and she felt a shiver ran down her body. His cold hands found their way to her face and she turned a light pink color.

"I-"

She was cut off by his long finger against her lips automatically shutting her up. They were so close to each other that they could hear their breaths intertwine. They could feel each other's emotions swirling together.

"Did you miss me?" He finally said after a little silence. She only stared at him. Stared at his beautiful eyes that seem to be pulling her in more and more. Stare at his porcelain skin that she yearned to touch. Staring into the man whom she loved.

Whom she loved so dearly.

But could never have.

"I need to take a shower" she said cutting their trance off and leaving him alone in the room on the piano bench. She did not know how she found the courage to get up and leave. The way he looked at her was everything she dreamed of. The way he smelled, the way he touched her. It was like an addiction she finally found again yet she deprived herself of it.

But she knew he could not feel the same for her.

He could never love her the way she loves him.

He could never find out.

He could never find out how weak he makes her.

Tom sat there on the bench only with a perplexed face.

Not for why she had left.

For the unusual feeling in his chest.

One he had never felt before.

It hurt.