29

-

-

She was up early. Today was the day they would start looking so she decided she would make breakfast. It was still dark but she knew he would wake soon. She watched as his chest fell up and down as he laid on his bed.

She didn't know what was going on. He tried to comfort her. He tried to understand her even though they both knew he would never be able to understand. Everytime he would come close she would get the weird feeling again in her stomach.

She made him eggs with toast. She knew he liked black coffee so she made him some of that. Soon enough just like she expected he was up. He walked into the kitchen with tired eyes and watched her curiously. His hair was all over the place. Marcelline noticed that it curls when he doesn't do anything with it.

"Here" she said handing him the cup of coffee. He looked down at it and back at her. "I didn't poison it if that's what your thinking" she said and he rolled his eyes sitting down at the chair.

She sat down across from him and pulled out a black book and a quill and started writing.

"What are you writing" He asked. His voice was deeper in the morning. It sent chills down her spine.

"A journal" she replied not looking up at him.

"You mean a diary" he said and she looked up at him.

"If that's what you want to call it then yes, I'm writing a diary" she said.

"That's stupid" he said and she rolled her eyes again.

"Which direction are we heading to first." She said ignoring his comment.

"North" he replied and she nodded. He watched as she got up to pour more coffee in her cup. She had a white shirt and pajama shorts on. Her legs looked so soft. Tom had to force himself to look away.

"Did you want more coffee" she asked.

"I can get it" he said standing up and going behind her. She felt his presence and smelt his enchanting smell. She felt dizzy in the head.

Her reached for the pot and poured more in. Marcelline didn't face him. She waited until he put the pot back and was expecting him to move from behind her but he didn't. He stood there. She heard his breaths. If she moved any closer they would be touching. If she moved her head in the slightest she would hear his heart beat.

She felt his finger on her arm. It traced a circle and she had to bite her lip to stop her from gasping. Even the slightest touch from him made her weak in the knees. "What are you doin-" she was cut off as his finger dropped and her grabbed the spoon that was in her hand.

"I needed the spoon" he said and walked away from her.

"I'm going to get changed" she said walking away from where she was standing. Her cup was still full. Tom smirked to himself.

-

Marcelline was knocking on every tree she saw. Tom thought she looked ridiculous but admired the ambition to find it. "We will know once we have become closer to it. You will be able to feel it's presence" he said and she huffed. They spent all day looking in the forest. No breaks. They were both very sweaty at the end of the day.

"We can go back now. Try again in the morning" he said and she nodded. She wore regular jean shorts. Her legs glistening and tightened as she walked. Her skin looked so soft. How has Tom never noticed that?

They went back to the tent and both drank a cup of water at the same time. "I didn't expect to find it on the first day and I knew it was gonna be hard but my god it's hot out" she said and he nodded in agreement. He was in pants and even looking at him made her sweat.

He walked away from her without another word and went to the bath. His sweat was covering his body and he felt disgusting. He went to go grab a towel from his bedside. "Hurry up I wanna take one too" she said and his eyes turned a scarlet red for a minute but she wasn't looking at him. His anger quickly faded.

"You're welcome to join me" he said and she looked at him with her mouth gaped open and wide eyes. He just smirked and walked away from her with his towel in hand.