Chapter 33

They awoke the next morning to a soft knock on the bedroom door. With his arms securely around Olivia, Elliot grumbled out some version of, "Hmm?" She heard Eli ask if everyone was decent, which she quickly replied with a yes.

The night before Elliot had guided her out of bed and put her back under hot running water. As she enjoyed the shower, he quickly dried himself off and stripped the bed. Once he had the soiled bedspread in the wash and a new one on the mattress, he joined her. That time he took the time to thoroughly wash her, massaging every muscle on her body along the way. By the time he was done, she was leaning against the shower wall half asleep. Since she was clearly satisfied and almost appeared sedated, he bypassed the silk nightgown and dressed her in pajama shorts and a tank top and himself in a pair of basketball shorts. He had helped her into bed and shared one last sensual kiss with her before arranging himself behind her, exchanging 'I love yous' and falling asleep.

The door opened timidly as they heard Noah ask, "Can we come in?"

She glanced over her shoulder at Elliot, who still had his eyes closed and his lips pressed against her shoulder. Although he appeared asleep, she knew he wasn't. Her eyes glanced at the clock, which read nine in the morning. That was the latest they had slept together. She said, "Yeah, you guys can come in," before rubbing her eyes vigorously.

That was all it took to have Noah barreling in full force, "Good morning mom! Good morning Elliot!"

Elliot mumbled a "Morning Noah," before pressing his face further into Olivia's neck.

The young boy was quick to lift the blankets on Olivia's side and crawl in next to her, while Eli sat on the edge of the bed on his father's side. Once her arm was securely around his waist and she pressed a kiss to his curls, he said, "So mom, we didn't go school shopping yet."

Olivia couldn't help her groan out loud. It was true, her and Noah hadn't been school shopping yet. She had always made it a habit to conquer it a few days before school started.

"I can take them." Elliot mumbled, again into her shoulder.

"Dad, we can't understand anything you're saying when you have your mouth pressed against Liv's shoulder like that." Eli said as he laid his head on the pillow next to Elliot's. "You know, why do you have such a big bed when you guys can fit on a twin with the way you lay together?"

Both adults couldn't help their small laugh. Elliot placed a small kiss on her shoulder before lifting his mouth off her, "In case Olivia is mad, she can kick me to the other side of the bed instead of the couch."

She snorted, "I'd kick you to the couch anyways."

"That's not nice mom." Noah said.

"Yeah, not nice mom." Elliot repeated.

She shook her head in a playful manner and asked, "Do you need to go school shopping too Eli?"

"It could use new shoes."

Elliot chuckled, "You always need new shoes."

"Dad, I'm a twelve year old boy. Of course, I can always use new shoes."

He rolled his eyes slightly, "Right. Okay, I'll take you guys." As soon as those words escaped his mouth, he felt Olivia tense. He knew she hadn't been out of the house since she was injured and as a result she was probably going a little stir crazy. To top that off, her baby wanted to go school shopping. She didn't want to stay home. "Where do you usually go baby?"

Her answer was short and curt when she said, "Bloomingdales." She was not only not looking forward to being stuck in the apartment alone but also missing helping Noah pick out clothes and shoes for the year.