JUNGKOOK

After what seemed like a year later, a nurse finally came to take us to her room.

"She's pretty out of it but you're welcome to stay as long as you want."

We walk to her and I hold her hand while sitting in the chair next to her bed. She's in yet another hospital bed. I look down at her hand and it's looks so small in mine. It's cold and suddenly I hold it in any more and break down. I feel arms come around me and hug me tight. I turn in his arms and tuck my face into his neck and sob into each other.

After holding each other a while, we pull apart and Tae goes to the other side of the bed and holds that hand. I watch as he leans over and kisses her head and then gently places his hand on her stomach.

A little while later, I look up and see his head on the bed next to her and he is fast asleep. I watch the two of them for a while before exhaustion takes over and I fall asleep while keeping her hand, safely in mine.

I jerk awake to hysterical sobs and see Tae trying to calm her down and not being very successful. I stand and leans towards them.

"Hey.....sssshhh.....you're okay. We're here. You're safe." I say quietly with my lips against her head.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! It's all my fault! I'm sorry!" She screams while clutching my arms desperately.

"Baby! This is not your fault, sweetheart." Taehyung says while stroking her hair.

She leans her head on my chest while still mumbling about being sorry as her eyes drift closed. Tae and I just look at each other in shock. Why would she ever think this is her fault? She is literally the sweetest, most kind person I have ever met.

I gently lay her down and sit back in the chair. I look at Tae.

"What is she talking about?" He asks.

"It's probably just left over affects from the anesthesia. The nurse did say she would be out it." I say.

We sit quietly after that and slowly I fall asleep again.

I awake to sunlight coming through the windows and I can tell it's later in the day. I look over at the bed and see Tae lying beside her. He has the remote in his hand and the tv is on low. He looks over at me and smiles.

"Good morning." I say to him.

"Good afternoon." Taehyung says. "Sorry I didn't wake you. You look so tired and I didn't want to disturb you. I know you worry but I need you to take care of yourself. I can't worry about her and you too. I'm not like you. I can't take it all. Please."

I give him a soft smile and nod. "She been up at all?"

"No. Not a peep since last night. The doctor came in and checked everything. I saw the knife wound on her side. It's stitched up now but it's not small. He did say that everything looked good."

"Did he happen to mention why she hasn't worken up yet?"

"No. He just said she needs time to heal. That's why I'm in the bed with her. He said that we need to stay close to her so that the soulmate bond can help heal her. It won't work like magic but she will heal faster. With me against her and you holding her hand, is a good combination."

"Ok. How about you head home and take a shower and I will stay with her. I'll call you with any updates and when you get back, we will switch." I suggest.

He nods his agreement and kisses her head before coming and giving me a kiss as well before leaving. I take his place on the bed and keep her close. I dose off again and when I wake up Tae is standing at the end of the bed taking a picture of the two of us.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a smile, knowing that I once took a similar picture of the two of them.

"You know I like to take pictures of pretty things. It just happens to be a bonus that I also love those pretty things." He says, coming over to kiss me. "Go take a shower."

I press my lips to her temple and make my way out.

I walk in the door at home and everyone is sitting in the living room watching tv. As soon as they see me, several make a beeline for me.

"Any news?"

"Is she awake?"

"Can we visit?"

"Guys, give him some room." Namjoon said.

I take a deep breath and look at everybody.

"Right now, she's still asleep. We will let you know immediately when she wakes up and is ready for visitors."

"Does...does she know she's pregnant?" Kristi asks.

"I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. I think she would tell me and Tae immediately if she knew. And she hasn't really been awake since she arrived at the hospital so I don't think they told her." I look around. "I really need to take a shower and get back."

They nod and head back into the living room and I head upstairs to our room. I grab me some clothes and head into the bathroom for my shower. When I come out, I decide to grab one of my big tshirts and a pair of her loose sweatpants and a pair of her underwear. I don't bother with a bra because it's not like she will need it there.

As I leave, I reassure them that I will let them know when they can visit.

I am just stepping into the elevator when my cellphone rings. It's Tae.

"Hello? What's up? I just got on the elevator on the way up. I'll be there in a second."

"She's awake." Is all he says.

I break into a run as I make my way to her room. I push through the door and smile when I see her sitting up in the bed.