Beast Wars: Part 1

The Autobots take their seats surrounding the Orb as it expands big enough for everyone to see...

A pair of ships were in under pursuit over orbit of a planet. They continously fire at each other with mixed successes. In the pursuing ship...

"Hull breach in Sector Seven! Guidance systems failing!"

"Oh, man! This is ridiculous! We're an exploration ship, not a battle cruiser!"

The Autobots were baffled. An exploration crew chasing after presumed Decepticons? That was madness that even Optimus would not advocate for.

"Crazy-aft explorers." Bulkhead commented.

"No choice. Our ship was the only one that could lock onto Megatron's warp signature."

"Megatron? They're going after Megatron?" Arcee asked.

"Buckethead left Cybertron deca-cycles ago. Must be someone else named after Megatron." Smokescreen added.

"Shields are doing a major fade!"

"Plasma cannons to full power!"

Meanwhile...

"Their shields are down! Destroy them!"

"Oh, now where's the fun in that?A little torment I think first, yess? Side guns!"

"Pretty sure my former leader doesn't talk like that." Knockout added.

The pursued ship held back to be within broadside range of it's pursuer, and fired it's side cannons, dealing considerable damage.

"Rupture! The stasis hold is failing!"

Damages of the pursuing ship were more than apparent this time.

"We're going down..."

"Launch all pods. Get them in safe orbit!" 

The pursuing ship ejected all of it's pods in orbit as it began to carreen out of direction.

"All plasma cannons: FIRE!"

The pursuier gave it all it can in it's plasma cannons, dealing major damage to it's prey one last time before it fell through the atmosphere in a blaze of metal. Both ships eventually list out of control crashing on different sections of land.

"Hope those guys were okay."

"They'll be fine squirt. We've had worse than this, right? So can they."

Bumblebee replied "I hope so...", knowing all too well how assuring Bulkhead is.

"Damage report."

"Believe me. You don't wanna know."

"That's what I thought."

Meanwhile... on a volcanic region...

"Navigation! Is this the right planet?"

"Unknown. Course settings were accurate but readings are inconsistent with those expected for intended destination."

"Never mind that! Tell me there is Energon here!"

"Confirmed."

"Yessss! The planet has Energon!"

"Too much Energon. Field readings are off the scale. Continued exposure to robotic forms will result in permanent damage."

Ratchet blinked in surprise. In his field... overexposure to Energon was rare. Only a few Cybertronians in his care had suffered such an affliction before.