Code of Hero

"It's been a while since we've seen Dinobot. He's gotta have something to get his honor back, right? Right?" asked Grimlock.

"It's long due that he will, Grimlock. I pray with my Spark that Dinobot can amend for his selfishness." Prime assured.

"But still, Optimus, I can't shake off the cold feeling in my Spark as well!" Grimlock affirmed. "I dunno what to feel right now."

"Then let us see for ourselves... if Dinobot can redeem himself. Omega Scion, if you may."

"Very well, Optimus Prime. In three... two... one..."

Everyone fell silent.

In a hospitable valley where primate-esque creatures reside, there these 'protohumans' take their time to explore what they held in hand or what they looked upon in the ground.

"Are those... humans? They don't look like much." Brawl asked.

"Careful, Brawl. Whoever these creatures are... they certain look awfully a lot like humans." Megatron surmised.

"Knockout?" Ratchet asked.

"I've taken the liberty to look upon the Earth archives myself when the Decepticons had yet to arrive. It was stated that those creatures are apparently the ancestors of the humans today. Proto-humans, as they call it, evolved from those hairy creatures called apes or monkeys billions of years from today. That's at the apex we Cybertronians were at the Age of Beginning, when we grew primitive and started making clans, hunting for Energon and warring against each other for territory." Knockout clarified

"Long before we received the shepherds of our society... interesting." Prime commented.

But the paradise of these protohumans was not safe, for a predator lurked amongst them silthering in the ground.

"It's a snake!" Bumblebee gasped.

"Get outta there!" Warpath shouted.

"Save yourselves! Get away from that snake!" Smokescreen exclaimed next.

Too late, as the snake then pounces forth one of the protohumans, laying claim to it's next game.

"Primus curses..." Primal silently whispered. He hated humans being endangered by any.

Aboard the Axalon...

Grief-stricken at the remembrance of having betrayed those who are his comrades, Dinobot laid on his knees, attempting to raise his sword towards himself.

"What is he doing?!" Grimlock asked.

"Is he gonna destroy himself?!" Bumblebee asked.

"Sounds like he is. That was a technique the Japanese humans call seppukku, a suicide ritual conducted by their warriors known as samurai, as I recall." Knockout stated.

"You've really grown fond of Earth, haven't you?" asked Barricade.

"Yes I do, my police friend!" the young doctor replied.

But even as he tried to do, he recalled what he had said before back in the rock formation. Try as he may, Dinobot could not bring himself to perform the deed and thus he threw his sword away.

"Whew!" Bumblebee relieved.

"I knew Dino-boy wasn't that much of a coward!" Grimlock pointed out.

Primal arrived on deck of the Axalon. "So what is it?" he asked.

"Remember that transwarp cell explosion?" Rhinox tried to recall, yet Primal didn't seem enthusiastic "Okay, stupid question." he took back and clarified "Anyway, I've been calculating its path. The temporal wavefront is moving into the future at an accelerated rate. It'll reach Cybertron in approximately 2.218 decacycles. They're going to know where we are."