Chain of Command

The Autobots waited until Omega Scion was able to get the Orb working once again. When he succeeded, they looked into it once more...

The Maximals in their Beast Forms were positioned in the strange stone formation they saw earlier.

"This isn't a natural stone formation." Primal says waving a scanner around for anomalies.

"Somebody, somehow... built this thing." Rhinox surmised.

Even the Autobots themselves were confused.

"Yeah? Well, 'scuse my error message, but... I thought this planet was uninhabited." Rattrap spouted.

"Something else is odd." Optimus says, his scanner began beeping steadily but surely. "I'm getting an Energon reading. It's under this pile of rocks."

"Just like bait in a mousetrap." Rattrap shudders erratically then speaks "This place alternates my currents."

"Ya know, th' Energon on this planet doesn't fit with its geology. Hard t' believe it coulda formed naturally." Rhinox replies next.

Dinobot goes in close to the stone pile and speaks... "However it got here, we must remove it... before the Predacons do."

"Ah Dinobot, that Predacon chip still ticks inside your traitorous hide." Megatron said, showing up out of nowhere. " And I think we WILL take it. Yesss."

"The Predacons!" Bumblebee says reactively.

"We know kid. Cool down." Wheeljack commented.

"No Energon Crystal too small, I always say." Megatron proclaims, with Waspinator and Terrorsaur arrive, flying in front of their lord.

"Waspinator TERRORIZE!"

"Terrorsaur TERRORIZE!"

An ambush. Both airborne Predacons fire at Rattrap and Dinobot, prompting both to take cover. Tarantulas shows up in Robot Form and fires a barrage of machine gun fire, scattering Primal, Rhinox and Cheetor to cover.

"Man! Yer ol' friends don't miss a beat, do they?" Rattrap asks sarcastically.

No reply from the ex-Predacon.

"Dinobot! Maximize!" Dinobot says transforming to Robot Mode.

"Keep them away from the crystal!" Optimus orders.

"Oh yeah. sure. Give us the dirty work!" Rattrap says, in Robot Mode and brandishing his gun. He popped out of cover and fired at Scorponok positioned up high, but missed, aiming too low to knock Scorponok's balance down, so Cheetor rolled out of cover to knock the Predacon 2nd in command out of action.

"Scratch one." Cheetor quipped. (Bumblebee: I call that luck.)

He saw Tarantulas close and ready to fire, but Rattrap knocked him out with a shot to the shoulder, earning a comrade's smile.

"Flyers incoming." Rhinox noted, spotting Waspinator and Terrorsaur spinning around to make a strafe run.

"They're mine." Primal says, his jetpacks activated and ready to intercept. He eventually fires, knocking Waspinator out. Terrorsaur on the other hand, fires at the stone pile instead of Primal, destroying it (which nearly killed Rhinox) and releasing the Energon within, frustrating Megatron.

"Terrorsaur, you fool! You've released the crystal's energy, It is USELESS to us now! BACK TO BASE! BEAST MODE!" Megatron calls, the Predacons began fleeing before the 'crystal' can explode. (Smokescreen: Yeah, run away, you cowards!)