Changing of the Guard

"Well... that was something." Ultra Magnus commented. "A new Maximal has joined the Beast Wars... of his own accord, that is."

"Still, I hope he can come around his obsession for Rampage and help the Maximals with a due cause." Jetfire stated.

"We shall see. Omega Scion?" Prime inquired.

"Very well, prepare in three...two...one..."

In the Maximal Base, Rhinox was making circuitry and frames based on their technology and that of the Autobots.

"One last connection, and we should be able to use Teletraan 1's force field to protect the base." Rhinox stated, making certain the lever he was testing would consistently connect to the ancient circuitry he was using.

"Let's hope so. The Preds have been blowing holes in our doors on a daily basis." Cheetor replied, assessing the damages caused by a recent Predacon attack just moments afterwards.

"What do you expect them to do? Ring the doorbell?" Rattrap questioned.

"Ready, Rhinox?" Primal asked.

"So far, so..."

Once Rhinox attempted to test the device capable to using Teletraan-1's systems to protect their base, everyone braced. But it backfired, resulting in smoke blown into Rhinox's face.

"Autobot tech is different from ours. Mixing the two is... tricky." Rhinox explained after wiping off smoke from his face.

"I wouldn't blame him. Our technology has taken eons to develop. Eons they may not have at the moment. Especially when their priority is protecting us from the Predacons." Perceptor pointed out.

"Which means that they must need an alternative to defend themselves." Prime said. "I think I know what it is."

"Well, so much for Plan A." Primal groused.

"Does that mean that there's a Plan B?" Rattrap asked.

"We have to salvage Sentinel." Primal stated.

"Are you loopy? The Axalon's in itty bitty pieces. And uh, underwater." Rattrap reminded.

"Brilliant. They need Depth Charge for that underwater mission, yet he still hunts for Rampage no less." Ultra Magnus commented.

"Which is why we'll need special help." Primal turned to their recently activated console to call by comms "Optimus to Silverbolt, do you copy?"

As the aforementioned Fuzor was on a routine flight, he replied to Primal's call "Silverbolt here."

"Any sign of Depth Charge yet?" Primal questioned.

"I am afraid not. I believe he may be inside Megatron's jamming field." Silverbolt replied, flying around still with no sign of Depth Charge to be found in his vicinity.

"Abort search and return to base immediately." Primal ordered.

"So much for Plan B." Rattrap groused. "I knew we couldn't count on that waterlogged wirehead."

"Someone here has common sense..." Arcee muttered, arising concern for her colleagues.

"There might be another way..." Primal opened up a suggestion. Which confused Rattrap until he stared before a makeshift subsible the size of a golf ball but with a large propeller at the back and an armored frame.

The Autobots raised eyebrows...

"With Depth Charge unable to respond to command, Rattrap will have to carry out the salvage operation himself." Prime stated.