Equal Measures

The Autobots waited until Omega Scion was finished recalibrating the Orb, until he was able to do so, and as a result, they patiently looked into the orb once more...

Amdist a heavy storm, Optimus Primal was seen scouting for Energon or Predacon activity.

"Optimus to Command Center. Scrub the mission! Looks like one extremely ill wind is blowing our way."

No reply, he tried to hail the Axalon again for any response...

"Command center! Do you read...!?"

Meanwhile, back at the Axalon, Rhinox was just finishing his task, preparing a score of posts that reform into capsules when inactive.

"That does it. Survey posts are ready for duty." then Rhinox turns to Rattrap "Any word from Optimus?"

"Not a flicker. This storm's trashin' the comlinks worsen' usual and that's bad enough." Rattrap says working on the computer's comms which are still hindered by the storm.

"It seems like their communications aren't as well developed as ours." Ratchet says.

"Care to explain, Ratch?"

"Well, we didn't have much of a problem when we hailed and Optimus in a storm while Unicron was awakening. While they have had communication problems which is hampered by a natural storm coming."

Bulkhead nodded.

"This mission is too critical to be interrupted by a minor variation of weather." Dinobot (Bulkhead: That storm ain't a minor variation, Dino-boy) says while tweaking on a device. He growls and asks angrily "Who took the synchro-laser?!"

Cheetor steps in and says "Allow me." but he worked so quickly that it caused the device to fall and roll to the elevator shaft. Dinobot notices and throttles Cheetor by his neck.

"You hyper little..." Dinobot curses.

"The bomb! Watch out!" Rattrap shrieks in fear.

"Some sort of trouble?" Optimus comes up, having caught the bomb on his hand, prompting Dinobot to drop Cheetor.

"What could they use a bomb for?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"Hey, Big Bot, We're just lockin' down the the big ba-bang, here."

Cheetor eventually uses the synchro-laser to adjust the bomb.

"One last adjustment and... there! We're set to blast that Predacon base back into orbit."

"Seriously? That's the mission? Blow up the Predacons? Isn't that a coward's trick?"

"No one fights fairly in war, Magnus." Optimus reminded him.

"I guess."

"As space debris!" Cheetor proclaims. But the bomb eventually begins to act up, sending Rattrap in a panic and Optimus in a shock, but it shuts down before it can detonate automatically.

"Put it to bed. We're stalled." Optimus ordered.

"What?" Dinobot asks

"You can't..." Rattrap tries to speak next.

"What are you talking about?" Rhinox asks confused.

"It's just a crossed quasar circuit! I can fix it!" the bomb Cheetor carried acted up slightly.

"That storm'll hit us within the hour." Optimus notified.

"An hour?" Cheetor scoffs and says next "Not a problem, fellow beasts, I can outrun anything the skies can dish."