Crossing the Rubicon

"That being said and all, it was pretty funny that the Predacon's master plan has failed because of a protohuman girl." Knockout laughed. "Typical."

"Which is a lesson why underestimating anyone is a grave consequence that I hope you all do not forget." Megatron snapped to his subjects.

They all nodded in understanding.

"That aside, what about that transmetal thing Blackarachnia had with her? She was planning to turn herself to a Transmetal, right?" 

"Though the risk of that is dangerous, it's what she's willing to take regardless. Omega Scion?" Prime turned to the latter.

"Very well, in three...two...one..."

In a not-so secret lair, Blackarachnia stands before her very own Transmetal device; nearly the same device that created Dinobot II.

"Energy grids holding." she placed the Transmetal Driver as a core component.

"Now what is she doing?" Arcee glared.

"That very device; almost like what Megatron did with the protoform to create Dinobot II... she's going to upgrade to a Transmetal II." Perceptor pointed out.

"It's no quantum surge, but it should do the trick." with the transmetal fuser device ready so was the transmetal driver. "Online!", as she sealed herself inside the device and activated the machine.

Worried about his beloved, Silverbolt went out airborne to look for her.

[Energy surge detected at vector 0-1-0.] believing her to be in danger again, he flew to the coordinates.

When he arrived, Blackarachnia dared "Hit me... with your best shot!" as she activated the transmetal process. Yet he showed up horrified "Blackarachnia!"

"Wait, Maxie-Bolt! Don't stop her! It's not a Predacon trap!" Jazz yelled.

"Silverbolt! NO! You..." she tried to stop him, yet-

The knightly Fuzor, believing his fair lady to be endangered by a Predacon device, charged in and interrupted the transmetal process by striking away the driver, causing the device to impode. When the smoke clears, Blackarachnia survived, yet completely despondent.

"Way to go, bowser. You just blew a decacycle of hard work, and I'm still the same old me." Blackarachnia derided, obviously angry.

"Why?! WHY?! WHY?! You could have killed her!" Jazz whined slamming his head to the armrests.

Arcee laughed.

"What in the name of the Matrix are you doing?" Silverbolt questioned.

"Going Transmetal." she confessed. "And if you hadn't disrupted the energy flow from that alien gizmo, it might have worked!"

"Are you mad? You could have damaged yourself! Or worse!" Silverbolt replied.

"I figured if Megatron could use it to create the transmetal, so could I." Blackarachnia argued. "It's not like I haven't... AAARGH!" yet she was cut short by well shorting out on her systems.

"Blackarachnia! What's wrong?" no reply, she passed out, prompting Silverbolt to take her to Maximal Base for analysis.

"Seems like she hasn't prepared much of the Transmetal process, so it may have affected her severely programming-wise." Perceptor continued.

"What is it, Rhinox?" Silverbolt asked, deathly worried about Blackarachnia.

"The Pred shell program they implanted is deteriorating." Rhinox replied. "If it continues, it will infect her Maximal core consiousness."