The Probe

They all returned.

"Man, transforming into animals, yet these Maximal guys preferred to shoot than just fight like animals?"

"Something like that, Air Raid." Smokescreen replied.

"And what's with one of them named after us Dinobots, Prime?" Grimlock asked.

"Dinobot? He defected to the Maximals as a member, after he attempted to wrest leadership from Megatron. He tried the same with the Maximals, but he eventually became an invaluable member, because his knowledge of the Predacons proved to be essential to the war effort."

"Sounds like Jetfire, but without the want for leadership."

"Funny, Silverbolt. Very funny." Jetfire rolled his eyes.

"And wait, the Maxies and the Preds got themselves new members?" Warpath asked.

"Sure, Tigatron and Blackarachnia."

"What happened to the spider lady?" Swoop asked.

"Predacons reprogrammed her to be one of them." Arcee answered.

"Could they do that?" Ironhide asked.

"Sure they do, by the use of the stasis pods hanging around in orbit. Maximals and Predacons have been fighting for whoever gets those pods. In return, the guy or girl who's in them gets to join either."

"Can I say it's pretty dumb of the Maxies to dump em in orbit when they should have been safe in the Axalon?"

"No you can't Air Raid. They would have been more broken in the crash if they stayed in the ship."

"Point taken Jazz."

The Autobots regrouped with the Predacons and Megatron, who had arrived early before them.

"Omega Scion, we've been interested to see what happened to our Maximal buddies in the future."

"Would you wish to see what happens to the Maximals?" he dully asked.

"Sure we would!" Jetfire proclaimed.

"Then please take a seat."

The Autobots take seats, from oldest to youngest as Omega Scion prepares the Orb.

In Cybertron, homing in, a male voice speaks...

"Transwarp ship Axalon, commanded by Optimus Primal, has not been found in normal space. We believe their pursuit of the Predacons who stole the Golden Disk may have taken them into another time zone."

The space station hanging outside orbit of Cybertron deployed probes from underneath...

"Temporal Probes launched." another male replied. The first continued...

"If Optimus and his crew are anywhere out there, we'll find them and bring them home."

The probes spread out to the far reaches of space; one breaks into the transwarp barrier to reach the alternate timeline to pre-historic Earth, where Primal and his crew are stranded.

"A probe from Cybertron?" Perceptor asked. "And it's capable of transwarp travel?! Splendid! I should definitely come up with such brilliant inventions!"

Knockout smirked "Count me in."

"Does that mean the Maxies are going home now?"

"Provided they connect to that probe, Jazz." Cliffjumper replied.

Back at pre-historic Earth, where Primal, Dinobot, Rattrap and Cheetor were walking back to the Axalon.

"Last one back to base is Predacon chow." Cheetor called, running for the base.