Bad Spark

"What if I were to tell you that the Predacons have a new recruit conscripted to their ranks?" Omega Scion asked.

Megatron shuddered.

"You mean the Predacons will have a new minion, right?" countered Ultra Magnus. "Let us see it."

"Very well.. In three... two... one..."

On the distant sky of a remote jungle where Energon is sparingly abundant, a stasis pod of unusually large size lays embedded between an Energon deposit. Cheetor, on a recon mission spotted the stasis pod from the air.

"Long range recon report." Cheetor reported. "This kitty's keen sense of discovery has uncovered a mondo stasis pod, but it's thoroughly trashed. It plowed into a big load of residual Energon...and it's branded with a big, bad-lookin' 'X'."

"Just hang on. I'm on my way." Primal ordered then turned to Silverbolt "Silverbolt, you're with me."

As soon as they began their departure...

"Primus help us all if that thing survived." Rhinox muttered.

"Have faith Rhinox. That stasis pod will survive. As Airazor survived because of your actions." Prime assured.

"Yet still, Cheetor reported that the stasis pod was unlike any of the stasis pods they have seen before. I wonder why." Ultra Magnus pointed out.

However, Cheetor's reconnaissance mission was not undetected by the enemy, for the Predacons observed from afar.

"A big stasis pod?" Megatron asked in wonder. "A big soldier, yessss." Megatron called "Blackarachnia, Waspinator, prepare for recruitment drive." both aforementioned Predacons were called to their lord's side. "Whatever this protoform is, I want it flying the flag of the Predacons, not the Maximals." he ordered.

"Always eager to welcome a new comrade-in-arms." Blackarachnia replied enthusiastically. They departed but not before a bug was spotted behind her back.

"What the? What's that?" asked Brawl.

"Spiders spin their webs, yessss. But I spin them larger." Megatron monologued, under his throne is likely a transponding device.

But it is not of his design, it's of Tarantulas'. "So, the treacherous female is undertaking a journey. How dangerous, especially if I catch her first." he monologued, eventually departing from his new lair.

"Tarantulas. Mostly to spy on Megatron, considering that he is now independent." said Dreadwing.

Primal and Silverbolt regrouped around the stasis pod, and examined it. "Perhaps it did expire."

"What is this thing, Bigbot?" Cheetor asked.

"The dark secret of the Axalon's journey. It was originally an attempt to replicate Starscream's mutant, indestructible spark with a Maximal." Primal clarified.

The Renegatrons snorted at the irony.

The Autobots were shocked. Prime glared. For something that he would never approve.

"Indestructible? 'fraid not." Cheetor scoffed.

"Well, it was a mistake to even try. Though brilliant, it was hopelessly treacherous, and incapable of being recycled."

The Renegatrons looked upon the sequential intervals the protoform went through.

"Ironic. The Autobots despise us for the experiments we conducted in their soldiers and friends, yet here their descendants are, conducting experiments they considered immoral." Shockwave commented.