30. Dads Of Different Kinds

"C-Carrie?" I felt a arm gently shake me awake. My 2 hours of sleep told me to ignore them so I can get my beauty sleep but the politeness in me won over. "Hey Carrie, you okay?" I feel a warm hand on my head. "I wanna sleep." I groaned.

"You want to stay home? You can if you want honey, that's fine with me." I finally opened my eyes to see Hank hovering over me. I take in my surroundings, I'm still in Benjis room and it's morning now due to the sunrise in the room. "No, I'm going. Just a little tired."

He put his hand on my forehead."Your a little hot, you don't have to go. You have a enough going." I stopped him by getting out of his warm arms. "I'm gonna go. Last thing I need is to be home alone." I stood up and moved my hair outta my face. "If your sure." He said, sounding concerned.

"I am sure. I'm gonna get dressed." He nodded as we left. "Waffle and bacon is on the table, I'll make sure you have some." I smiled. "Thanks, your the best." I made my way to my bedroom and put on a rainbow shirt and jean shorts. I put combed through my hair and tucked strands behind my ear.

I walked downstairs to see my whole family eating breakfast, including Eric. Why was he here? Did he know about everything, if so then do they all know what happened. "Hey Eric." I said, he smiled warmly at me. "Hey kiddo." He ruffled my hair, causing it to become messy again. "What are you doing here?" I asked, a little harsher than I meant it.

He frowned. "I'm here to see my family silly. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" He asked. I shrugged. "No, you just come here on weekdays is all." I said, stealing some bacon off of Xander's plate and some waffles from the table. "Well I had the day off." He said as I stuffed my face with bacon. "So I'm taking Xander and Benji to school." Hank turns up behind me and nudged me. "What's up." He pulled me in a hug.

"I just got a call from Brandy, an appointment was set up to see your father. On Wednesday, I'll pick you up from school early and take you." Damn that's so soon, I should've told her to make it later but too late now. "Alright." Is all I whispered back.

He break away from the hug and look at Eric, his faded smile confirmed that he knew what was going on. I give him the most positive look I could muster and went to the kitchen table to eat. "Looks good." I said as I grabbed some breakfast food and stuffed my face.

"I made it." Said Benji, appearing in the doorway with a kitchen apron on. He looked so proud of his work. Eric came behind me and said quietly, so Benji wouldn't hear. "I mostly cooked. He's just taking credit." I playfully smack his shoulder. "Let him, he looks so happy." Eric nodded in agreement then got serious all of a sudden. "You can talk to me about anything, you know that right?"

I looked around, all the boys were busy. "Eric, I'm fine. Whatever Hank told you, I'm fine. I'm just not having the best time right now." He took my hand and squeezed it tightly. "You aren't going anywhere, not if I can help it." I hugged him, I can't bare to see him so upset. Hank either. That's why the other boys can't know. I don't want this becoming a big deal, it's not.

It'll all be taken care of Wednesday.

~*~*~*~*~

"Hey girl, how'd the date go?" Charlotte asked me as soon as I got out of Owens car. She linked are arms together and gave me a big smile.

Followed shortly behind was Penelope, she looked tired but still ran to catch up to us. "It went fine." I said, trying to sound as care free as possible. Truth is it went more than fine but I had dad things to worry about. Charlotte caught my apprehensive tone and gave me a curios look but was soon smashed by Liam pulling her in and kissed her. "Forgot I existed now, huh?" She rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. I was grateful for Liam distracting her.